Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Target Select in Dropdown.

Is there a way to get a @{target|chump|token_name} to work in a drop down? I know about replacing certain characters, but it doesn't seem to be working propperly. Currently I have: /em ?{law|Minor Denial,decrees that &#64{target&#124chump&#124token_name&#125 may not take a minor action until the end of the round.|Diplomatic Imunity,decrees that &#64{target&#124chump&#124token_name&#125 may not attack &#64{target&#124patsy&#124token_name&#125 until the end of the round} But that outputs "@{target|chump|token_name}" rather than bringing up the selection dialog. Similarly, if I actually leave the '@' character in, it just throws errors. Why are drop downs so bloody hard to do basic things with?

Edited 1449385738
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Due to the order of operations , Attributes are (i.e. must be) expanded before Roll Queries are executed; it is not possible to work around this using HTML entities. Please see the Note in Advanced Usage for Roll Queries for more information.

Edited 1449386439
Silvyre said: Due to the order of operations , Attributes are (i.e. must be) expanded before Roll Queries are executed; it is not possible to work around this using HTML entities. Please see the Note in Advanced Usage for Roll Queries for more information. Ok. I missed that before. Thank you for the help. It seems like I can get around the problem by making my selections before going into the query. Queries NEED to get worked on at some point. There are too many inconsistencies and basic functions that just don't work. Is there a reason that the order of operations can't just be top to bottom, outside to inside?