Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Request] In need of Alternity system Character Sheets for roll20.

Edited 1449723622
I'm trying to start up a Alternity game with some friends here on Roll20. Trouble is right now it's impossible to use roll20 to host the character sheets, since the list of sheets on this site doesn't include that system. Using google docs to host them in excel format like I've done in the past is just so ugly and requires having other tabs and such open. Which some of my players have problems with on their machines cause of excessive scripts running if I have something like the Jukebox running. Which for older machines causes issues obviously. I'm hoping someone here can take the PDF download of the complete Alternity sheet which I am linking here. Then turn it into something that roll20 can use thus allowing me and others to run Alternity games here and host our characters and their sheets on roll20. Ones that are of course fill-able like existing roll20 sheets, though auto-filling numbers for modifiers doesn't matter much to me. The important part is the sheet being able to have the player fill things out and the information be retained by the sheet like other roll20 sheets. <a href="http://www.alternityrpg.net/downloads/sheets/CharShee.pdf" rel="nofollow">http://www.alternityrpg.net/downloads/sheets/CharShee.pdf</a> - link to pdf copy of the complete sheet.
+1 to this post. I loved this game back in the day and I know my group would play if a sheet would be made
Seriously, is there anyone that is willing to help out with this, it would make my life a whole lot easier in setting up this game. Not even Myth-weavers site seems to support the system for character sheets.
Man, does that ever take me back... &nbsp;Work permitting, I'll take a swing at it!
One of my players is attempting to make a very simplistic version using html code. So if they finish that and put it up on roll20 it might give everyone something to build off of for a much better version.
Reikou
Sheet Author
That'd be me! It's mostly functional :) &nbsp;Just gotta finish up the copy and paste code to make the rest of the skills.
did you ever find a sheet?&nbsp; If so could you post it. I'm getting ready to run an Alternity campaign but haven't been able to find a sheet that works.&nbsp; I'm also trying to figure a macro that gives me sucesses.
Reikou
Sheet Author
If you're talking about a sheet for Roll20, there isn't one yet, it's still being made. &nbsp;:P &nbsp;With the way that Alternity handles rolls, there isn't a macro that can tell you what the successes are. &nbsp;Best you can do is have the skill scores posted, and sum up the control die with situation die rolled separately.&nbsp;

Edited 1450927408
Reikou
Sheet Author
Progress sneak peek for those interested. I've got the core sheet, skills, and custom skills completed. &nbsp;Psi/Cybernetics will be completed tomorrow most likely. There's a few other miscellaneous I haven't added in (I've got melee attack forms but not ranged weapon data, no equipment in yet, couple other things like that). Roll templates are all fully functional for the section I've completed so far, including custom skills. &nbsp;Since Roll20 can't handle Alternity's dice system nicely, what I resorted to is the roll template will paste the Ordinary, Good, and Amazing success scores, and rolls the Control Die only. Situation die should be rolled separately, and added (or subtracted) with the control die as necessary and compared to the score. &nbsp;I did "invert" the criticals on the control die with the roll template ;)&nbsp; PS: This is my first time ever trying to make a character sheet!
So Reikou has submitted her Alternity character sheet to github or whatever it's called, and now we play the waiting game for it to be added to the list of use-able character sheets here.
Reikou
Sheet Author
My github push for the alternity sheet was approved today. &nbsp;But it'll take a day or two before it becomes selectable (due to it being a new sheet). &nbsp;From what I understand going forward, any updates to the sheet will just require the push approval though. :)
Reikou
Sheet Author
And this sheet is now available for public consumption! Consider the request filled, I'll be pushing updates to it here and there, and refining it. &nbsp;Got a few ideas already :3 &nbsp;(like a starship sheet toggle!)