Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] Need help with helper functions (roll templates)

Hi. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, and if it has been covered somewhere else before, feel free to edit/move/delete/etc. Please forgive my bad english. So the wiki says: Helper Function Variables All of the helper functions that accept a number, such as rollTotal() or rollBetween(), can use the result of another inline roll in the same Roll Template in place of the number. For example {{#rollGreater() save poison}} would compare the result of the save inline roll and the poison inline roll and show the section if the save result was greater. I was wondering: is it possible to the same, but comparing the roll with a stat from the character sheet instead (such as "attr_destreza_01")? Like so: <button type='roll' value='&{template:stuff} {{attack=[[1d20]]}} {{skill=@{destreza_01}}}'> </button> <rolltemplate class="sheet-rolltemplate-stuff">    {{#rollLess() attack skill}}       Section that appears in the roll template    {{/rollLess() attack skill}} </rolltemplate> I've been trying to teach myself how to do all this and I have no idea if this makes any sense or even if it's possible. The above example doesn't work, I'm certain I'm missing something painfully obvious. I would appreciate any help, and thanks for reading. 
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In your roll button, instead of {{skill=@{destreza_01}}}, use {{skill=[[@{destreza_01}]]}}
Those pesky brackets. Awesome, thank you so much sir.