Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Black Screen

i am having an issue with logging in as a player from the DM screen.  When I do, I can't see anything, even on just a whiteboard.  I have tried logging in as a player from several devices and always get the same result.  I created a free about and added it to the game as a player.  Logged in and same issue.  Just black screen.  Everything else is there but no map.  Suggestions?
I just created a new game. Loaded a map and switch back and forth between GM and player, worked fine. Added lighting functions and when I switch over as a player....black screen.  Not sure what is going on.  
1450258588
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi, make sure you have a token set up with 'has sight' ticked. They also need light sources to see with, for testing i would suggest setting the token to 'emit' it's own light (i use 10' dimming at -10' to create the illusion of being able to just about see in very low light.) You will also need to make sure that your page has the following settings enabled: Dynamic lighting = yes fog of war = no (if you use fog of war along side DL you will need to have made sure to clear an area that the 'player' could see in first) enforce line of sight = yes (this and the 'has sight' option on a token are essential to getting DL to work). restrict movement = optional, means that players can't move through DL lines although a single pixel gap will allow them to. For more details and a walkthrough check out the  wiki . Let me know if there are any other issues as play here.