Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Big Issue with Chat and JukeBox Option

My system is up to date.  I did a systems test with the tok box and it said all my systems were valid.  I had a player join my game to test the features out before we start a proper game.  The voice chat barely worked.  The other guy could hear the jukebox but I could not hear it at all.  Sometimes the music would work but it would stop if i paused the song or switched songs.  We have great video functionality.   I discovered that using mumble gets around the chat issue but it completely messes up the jukebox.  I turned mumble completely off and had the same issues.   Any suggestions?
1375587991
Gauss
Forum Champion
Unfortunately, Tokbox is a 3rd party program that we have little control over.  With that said, you may have better luck with either WebRTC (you can find that in the settings) or with Google+ Hangouts. If you are not using video you can open a hangout in separate tab and run Roll20 in one tab and Google Hangouts in a second tab.  If you need any more help let me know.  - Gauss
What a bummer.  I will have to use Rolld20 for the dice and mumble or skype for the video and chat.  I wish this issue could be fixed b/c I had a great back ground music for my d20 Cthulhu scenario.  It would have been great.
1375638681
Gauss
Forum Champion
GiantLobsterBoy, perhaps I miscommunicated, we do have two other options. Have you tried them yet? - Gauss
Roll20.net needs better integration with third party apps if its going to rely on them.
1375660202
Gid
Roll20 Team
Folks, this thread is to assist the issues the OP is having. This is not a place to make suggestions or requests.
1375664436
Gauss
Forum Champion
Steve, that is why we are moving towards WebRTC. You can also use Google Hangouts and that works pretty well.  - Gauss
I tried Google hangouts.  I finally got everything to work there.  It is fussy though.  Sometimes the video works....sometimes nothing works. I did edit my plugins to turn on the google talk app features.   That seemed to help immensely.  I wish the main program worked better though.  Google hangouts is great but it has less roll20 desktop space.
WebRtC does not work.  Nothing works in the actual Roll20 app.
1376013056
Gauss
Forum Champion
GiantLobsterBoy, please go to&nbsp; <a href="http://supportdetails.com/" rel="nofollow">http://supportdetails.com/</a> and post the results except for IP address. - Gauss
I will do that. &nbsp;Thanks for the advice.