Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Action Bar: Can I remove character sheet buttons?

Like the title says, I want to remove buttons from my token action bar.  I had dragged buttons from my character sheet to it early on, but now I have macros that do 3 buttons worth, and I'd like to get rid of the superfluous buttons.  Is there a way to reset/clear the token actions, or a way to remove specific buttons? Thanks.

Edited 1450737863
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Jason.  Check the Attributes & Abilities tab of your character journal. On the Abilites side of the tab, Delete/edit as needed.  If these were added from My Settings(right sidebar) and set to "Show as a Token Action?" from the macro's properties, you can just un-check the setting or delete the macro entirely from My Settings. Cheers
Hi Vince.  Unfortunately we're not using your sheet in this campaign, but the simple layout.  Going into Attributes & Abilities isn't giving me anything I can identify as controlling the contents of the token action bar.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Select the token, and then hold shift while left-clicking the token action you wish to remove.  That should take you to the ability in question, ready for editing.  You'll then have the name of the ability and can click on the checkmark to save your non-edits and should have access to the checkmark for 'Show as Token Action?'. If things are not as I described, come back here and report your reality :)
GenKitty, thanks for the lead, but the problem isn't the macros in the token action bar, it's the character sheet buttons I dragged to it.  That's a nice feature for the macros, though.  Slick.

Edited 1450752176
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Jason, just to be clear; are you sure you're not referring to the Macro Quick Bar at the bottom of the screen ? Roll20 Wiki said: You can drag and drop sheet buttons to the macro quick bar. Buttons may be dragged directly off of the character sheet and placed onto the Macro Quick Bar at the bottom of the screen, simply by clicking and dragging the button into place. The buttons can be removed by dragging the button out of the quick bar into open space, the button will turn red and then vanish when the mouse is released. Please note, if you have the pop-out option enabled for the character sheets you must first disable it under your user settings (cog icon) before the drag and drop function will work. You can then turn it back on after you arrange your macro buttons.
Silvyre, unfortunately not.  It's the token action bar at the top-left of the page.  Thanks for trying though.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jason H. said: Silvyre, unfortunately not.  It's the token action bar at the top-left of the page.  Thanks for trying though. This shouldn't have anything to do with a particular sheet.  AFAIK, you cannot drag and drop sheet rolls to anything but the macro quick bar.  
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If it's a token action button as a result of class="token_action" on a roll button, there is no way to remove it from the token action bar (beyond disassociating the token from the character).
I created a PF simple layout campaign and imported a character to it.  When I create a token for it, sure enough, there's 4 buttons on the macro bar.  Thanks, Vince and Brian, I know the answer to my question now.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Jason H. said: Thanks, Vince and Brian, I know the answer to my question now. For posterity, what solution did you find?
Silvyre: That the simple layout character sheet automatically adds your fortsave, initiative, reflexsave, and willsave buttons to the token action bar, and there's nothing you can do about that other than stop using the simple layout character sheet template.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jason H. said: Silvyre: That the simple layout character sheet automatically adds your fortsave, initiative, reflexsave, and willsave buttons to the token action bar, and there's nothing you can do about that other than stop using the simple layout character sheet template. Maybe "someone" can make that an optional feature... Now I can sleep at night..(no, wait, I never do that anyhow.)
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Vince said: Maybe "someone" can make that an optional feature... I like this solution better. :)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Silvyre said: Vince said: Maybe "someone" can make that an optional feature... I like this solution better. :) Sadly, I can't figure out a way to make tokenaction an optional feature. "<button class="tokenaction"..."   seems like an All or Nothing setting. ;-( I tried substituting a user editable attribute for tokenaction, but the system just inserts the attributes name instead of passing the value.   If anyone can find a way to make tokenaction optional, Brian's it...