Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

API won't spin a new one

I have had troubles today trying to star my API. It keeps giving me the "Spinning up new sandbox..." in the console over and over without doing anything. It happens on every campaign of mine, even with those that do not have actual API scripts on them. What gives?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I had the same trouble at one time, turned out I needed to allow some more things in NoScript. Can you please follow Steps 1-3 of our Solving Technical Issues checklist (confirm you're using the latest non-test version of Firefox or Chrome; turn off all extensions, addons, and anti-virus; and clear your cache) to see if one of those components is causing the problem? We can only help if we can recreate your issue, so it is important that you follow all the steps. If doing that fixes the issue, just let us know. Otherwise, move on to Step 4 , and we'll need all that information, especially the console log, to further assist you.
One thing I've noticed is that, if the campaign isn't actually active (someone in it) at the time, "Spinning..." is all I get. Of course, this only happens once, it doesn't keep repeating itself. Unless I try to save again, then I get the same message. Could that be your issue? -Phnord
It fixed itself roughly 6 hours after I posted this. Maybe it was some issue with the server, I have no way to recreate this at the moment.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Let us know if the problem happens again.