Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

player access to icons

Is it possible to give players just access to the counters/effect icons of enemies? When players mark/curse/etc enemies it'd be much easier for them to apply their own icon. Is this possible?
It is through the API, but not by default.
I saw your script to do it actually, but I honestly don't think the player determining the name of a token and then typing in the command is faster than them pinging the one they want and then me marking it. So I was hoping there was a way for them to just select their own icon from the menu. Is that not possible?
Gauss
Forum Champion
You can give a player control of the enemy token and that will give them control of the counters/effect icons. However, it will also let them move the token.  They still will be unable to see the token's stats if you do not give the player permission to do so.  - Gauss
Ezra said: I saw your script to do it actually, but I honestly don't think the player determining the name of a token and then typing in the command is faster than them pinging the one they want and then me marking it. So I was hoping there was a way for them to just select their own icon from the menu. Is that not possible? I've been using it in a D&D 4e game now for several weeks and the GM loves it. He doesn't have to worry about marking monsters and can move on to the next initiative while the player marks the target or targets. After awhile, it gets pretty easy. The biggest problem is getting the GM to get used to a simple naming/numbering scheme like dropping four orc warriors onto the map and naming them OW1, OW2, OW3, and OW4 so that the player can type that in easily and quickly.