Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Unable to remove people from a game

Hi, So we are doing a little yearly cleaning in one of the games where I am a GM (Living Guild Campaign) and it will not let me kick anyone.  I've kicked people before, but the function appears to be broken right now.  Is there some other sort of thing that I need to do to be able to kick someone?  I also tried it on one of my other campaigns where I am the originator and it does not seem to let me do it there either. Thanks, Permanent DM.
Other things that I've tried: Reloading the page. Changing web-browsers (Tried IE, Chrome and Firefox) Checking on a different game (Can't remove from any games where I am GM / Originator) Checking if Demote/Promote works (It does.  I can promote someone to DM, or Demote them to player, it is only the kick function that doesn't work)
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I'll move this over to Bug Reports and get you started working through the Troubleshooting Guide. Would you please do a few things for us, things that sometimes fix issues for users before more extensive troubleshooting is needed. Can you please follow Steps 1-3 of our Solving Technical Issues checklist (confirm you're using the latest non-test version of Firefox or Chrome; turn off all extensions, addons, and anti-virus; and clear your cache) to see if one of those components is causing the problem? We can only help if we can recreate your issue, so it is important that you follow each step. If doing that fixes the issue, just let us know. Otherwise, move on to Step 4 , and we'll need all that information, in addition to links to the games (in the form of <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/xxxxxx/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/xxxxxx/</a> , not a join link) to further assist you.
So going through Steps 1-3 allows me to kick people from groups where I am the originator. &nbsp;Its very odd that I can't kick when I have an option to do so (and confirmation that I'm doing it). Is there a way for the originator to pass the baton to someone else temporarily? We need to kick 30ish people and the originator logs on maybe once a month.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If you are not the original creator but just the co-GM, you are not able to kick anyone even though it shows you can. The indicator showing for co-GM's is a small bug in the display. The devs are aware of that bug. If you are the original creator of the group, please follow the steps GenKitty provided.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Permanent, as Pat said, you have to be the game's creator not just a GM to boot players. Please ask the original game creator, highlighted in purple to remove the players you need removed.