Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Drop Down Query Help

Hey there, I am trying to make a macro with a query that allows me to select from other Ability Macros from a character sheet for D&D 5e. Basically what I have for the character is a bunch of spell macros, but instead of having my macro bar flooded with buttons, I just want to have 1 button to push so I can select the spell I want to cast and still be able to add more spells into the macro later on. How I would like to have it set up is as allows: ?{Which spell are you casting?|Name 1,spell1|Name 2, spell2|Name 3, spell3|...} Any help would be much appriciated.

Edited 1451714818
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hey, Jamerific . Unfortunately, it is actually quite complicated to call Abilities from a Roll Query (read why here or see the process in action here ). Instead, I would recommend you use API Command Buttons (ACBs) to create a "menu" from which you can call your Abilities. (Using ACBs in this way does not require access to the API.) &{template:5eDefault} {{ [spell 1](!
%{Character Name|spell1}) [spell 2](!
%{Character Name|spell2}) [spell 3](!
%{Character Name|spell3}) }} (All instances of "Character Name" should be replaced the name of the Character containing the Abilities.)
Thanks! This was actually a big help. I even added the ability that this macro whispers myself so only I can see the options.