Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Interest Check: Danger Patrol Beta Hack - Star Wars

Happy New Year Roll20! I'm hoping to find a small group of people with an interest in Story Gaming. I've been dying to run a DP game for some time. My RL friends just don't have the time any more for face to face games.  About the System Danger Patrol is a narrative RPG that evokes the feel of old '50s sci-fi serials like Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon. The players each control a hero with distinctive Styles (Alien, Atomic, Robot, Two-Fisted) and Roles (Professor, Flyboy, Detective, Commando, Daredevil). Character generation is meant to be quick and simple, so players can begin quickly, with little preparation from the GM. In the game, players are encouraged to take risks and accumulate "danger dice." As they fail rolls, they earn valuable power chips, but they open up the possibility of grievous injury to their characters. That's how the RAW go anyway. I've grabbed a hack called Danger Wars (Star Wars hack) and added my own cuts and staples; glued in some bits from Lady Blackbird and rounded it off with some basic starship rules. Really I'm just refocusing the game to Star Wars instead of 50's era pulp. I'm open to a multitude of game concepts but prefer the Rebellion era. Though New Republic era and Old Republic would be doable as well.  Player agency is very high in this game. Meaning, you create almost everything in game and have all the ownership. So, making sure everyone shares a common interest and vision is important to me. I play in games where I want to learn about the characters. Action is fun (and there will be lots) but finding out about characters is more fun. What does Sally do when she has to choose between the thing she wants most and the person she needs the most? Game details Day/Time: Every other Saturday or Sunday/10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Pacific Time (GMT-8) Starting : January 23rd/24th Medium: Roll20 with Voice and possibly video Materials: Imagination (Source Material provided) Style: Cooperative story telling, no wall flowers. Ok, thanks for looking and please leave your comments and interest below. If I see enough, I'll post an LFG and start a game up for the pre game chats. ~Cheers
I have to say, I'm quite curious. It's rare enough to find a Star Wars game, but one with so much player participation is even rarer. So, I'm interested.
That's great Santiago. Hopefully this will get some traction and we can get a game going. I'll have my rules overhaul finished this week and post a Dropbox or google drive link. That might give people a better understanding of what I'm talking about.&nbsp; Here's a link for the RAW Danger Patrol Beta (incase your google doesn't take you there) link to an offsite web page:&nbsp;<a href="http://www.dangerpatrol.com/dangerpatrol_beta_021910.pdf" rel="nofollow">http://www.dangerpatrol.com/dangerpatrol_beta_021910.pdf</a>
Anyone else interested in a Star Wars game that's not a d20 system or FFG? I'm still looking to start this game up on the weekend if the 23rd.&nbsp; Respond here if you want to know more.