Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Copy scripts to new game?

Any tips on how to easily copy scripts from one game to another? When you copy a game, scripts are not included.  The transmogrifier will not copy scripts either. I thought I read a thread with a trick on how to do it, but I can't find the thread. Thanks!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
If you know ahead of time that you plan on copying them from one game to another, you can just paste them all into a single tab, which makes it easy to just copy the contents of that tab to the new game. Note that your state will not be transferred so anything you had configured (group-initiative, bump, token-mod, etc) will need to be configured again.
Thank you for the prompt response.  If you don't know an easier way, then I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist.  Now to hunt down if there is a Suggestion for copying scripts to support it.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I'm pretty sure there is a suggestion.  =D Hey, if you want EASY, how about this bookmarklet: javascript:$('<textarea></textarea>').attr({id: 'TheAaronAllScripts'}).css({width:'100%',height: '30em'}).text($('.script .editor').map(function(idx,e){return e.env.editor.getValue();}).toArray().join("\n/* ############################### */;\n\n")).appendTo('body'); In Chrome, make a bookmark with that text as the URL.  When on an API page, click it and it will append a textarea to the bottom of the page with all the scripts concatenated together into a single block of text (with a nice divider).  Then you can just click in and hit ctrl-A (or cmd-A on the Mac) and copy it.  =D
This is awesome.  Once again, you are The Scriptomancer! I hope Roll20 gives you some form of kickback--a free Pro membership if nothing else (after all, without it you wouldn't be able to help quite as much).  You help make roll20 what it is.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Don't worry, I'd be just as helpful without any perks!  :)