Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Professional DM/GM for Hire

Tired of an apathetic or extremely slack Dungeon Master? Bored with hack and slash? Annoyed when Game Masters use modules they are completely unfamiliar with? Would you like some story and direction with your sessions? Would you like to actually finish a campaign instead of it just fizzling out, Would it interest you to have a Game Master that would let you play anything as long as it fit the setting and wouldn't immediately start a player character war? If so, please continue reading. I am a professional game master/dungeon master. I host pen n' paper RPG games both online and irl in the Springfield MO area for groups of players who either do not want to run the game themselves, or do not have a member who is able to run the games. I offer reasonable rates and a good amount of experience in various RPGs. If interested, send me a message. My usual charge is 40 dollars for a four hour session. The first session is half-price, and includes character creation, or me teaching you the system for the game if need be. I have all necessary books, dice, and maps to play, all you will need to provide is the willing group of adventurers. At this price I will be running an official printed campaign for the system (Out of the Abyss, Tyranny of Dragons, Princes of the Apocalypse, or Lost Mine of Phandelver), specially tailored campaigns require significant time outside of the game and will incur an additional charge. Some Frequently Asked Questions: Q: A professional Dungeon Master? Are you Serious? A: I know this service is unusual. I have seen many postings online as well as at hobby and game stores for groups looking for a DM/GM though, and I thought I could help these groups enjoy pen n' paper games again while also making some extra money. Q: What're your qualifications? A: I have been dungeon mastering games for over 5 years. I have done every kind of game from a group of friends, to running games at conventions. Over the years I have been able to hone the craft, and have many methods of making the process run easy and smooth. About 6 months ago I decided to hire myself out at my, posting flyers at my flgs, and it has gone great since then, so I decided to expand to add an online game or two. I have run Dungeons and Dragons games for a handful of groups, and have gotten entirely positive reviews. I am even willing to give you a money back satisfaction guarantee on each session we play, if you think it isn't worth the money at the end of the session you don't have to pay and that will be our last session together, no hard feelings. Q: What times are you available? A: I currently go to school during some weekdays, but most of my evenings are free, as are weekends. As break is looming right around the corner, my schedule should open up quite a bit though. Q: Don't you think 40 dollars is a bit much? A: No, I don't. I am beyond the stage in my life where I can make minimum wage and support myself comfortably. If you want to break it down, you are paying me 10 dollars an hour, but this doesn't include the cost of having to stay current with products from all the systems I run. Supplements are usually in the range of 25-50 dollars, and I like to stay current on every system that I run in order to provide a game that is always fresh and exciting. Also, consider splitting the cost amongst your group. If you get 5 or 6 players together, it's only going to be 7 or 8 dollars per person per week. Q: What games are you willing to run? A: Any and all. I am familiar with Dungeons and Dragons, and am equipped to run either 3.5 or 4th or 5th edition games of it. I also can run Mutants and Masterminds, GURPS, Star Wars SAGA, Spycraft, Shadowrun, Exalted, Scion, World of Darkness, and many others. Whatever your group wants to play, I will equip myself to play it. Q: I've always wanted to try Dungeons and Dragons, but never have, do I need to know anything about these games to hire you? A: No. You don't even have to buy the books. I have everything you need to play, and have taught many people to play all of the various systems I can run. Even if you have no idea which game you want to play, we can discuss it at the first meeting. Q: 40 dollars is a lot of money for me, do you offer any kind of discounts or price breaks? A: Besides half-price first sessions, I offer significant bulk discounts if you want to pay for a few sessions at a time. I am all about the group having fun, and don't want to make the atmosphere too bureaucratic, so the price is negotiable to an extent, and I am very reasonable about time and money constraints, cancellations, etc. So, if maybe you used to play in high school and want to try again, if you have a group but no one wants to DM/GM it, or if you want to try it out for the first time, message me and I'm sure we can work something out. Please only serious inquiries, if you disagree with the practice of charging for services and goods just rant to yourself. No need to type it out, as that is not the point of this thread. But if you must rant, and are unable to stop your hands from furiously pounding out your retort, please just create another topic to display your disgust and discuss how appalled you are by the very thought of it with like minded people.
Hi! I would be VERY interested in hiring you, is there a way for me to contact you? Skype?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
To prevent any confusion in this thread: Charging for GM services is not against the Code of Conduct . As always in LFG, please only post if you are actually interested in joining the game offered. Any other commentary is considered off-topic and against the CoC.
Do you have any video or audio of your sessions?