Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Request] When writing scripts....

Specifically, when namespacing them.  If you include the variable   namespace . namespace = true  (where namespace =your scripts namespace) in your script, it makes for a VERY easy way for other scripts to integrate with your scripts. especially for the purposes of knowing if it can pull functions from it into other scripts. Useful for many things, and allows for scripts to work together very well. This is useful for many different scripts that work together, or do similar things, and can actually allow someone to get a suite of scripts together that are easily integrated with each other, without a lot of easily screwed up editing. this could be very useful to include in some of the more popular scripts that are often used in conjunction with other popular scripts (I use it to reset the pins on movement tracker when I endcombat with initiativetracker)
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Michael H. said: Specifically, when namespacing them.  If you include the variable   namespace . namespace = true  (where namespace =your scripts namespace) in your script, it makes for a VERY easy way for other scripts to integrate with your scripts. especially for the purposes of knowing if it can pull functions from it into other scripts. Useful for many things, and allows for scripts to work together very well. This is useful for many different scripts that work together, or do similar things, and can actually allow someone to get a suite of scripts together that are easily integrated with each other, without a lot of easily screwed up editing. this could be very useful to include in some of the more popular scripts that are often used in conjunction with other popular scripts (I use it to reset the pins on movement tracker when I endcombat with initiativetracker) just use "if(namespace != undfinded)"