Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Privacy, and security ensurety of invited players?

First of all: great work all. Been anticipating this for years, and now it's finally a reality!o)  I watched/listened to yesterdays pod cast, and over heard the mention of a downloadable open source of the platform that may be released for testing. This lead me to wonder as to what level of security, and privacy a GM, and it's Players have while making use of the online engine. That said; I'm hoping someone in the API forum here could extrapolate on this matter.  I also offer that this information might hone prospective clients interest in the engine if used as a Marketing Strategy~

Edited 1375909047
P.S. I have browsed the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy(which are totally awesome to a creator and its brain child by the way... pray this never changes... love you all for that... currently working a Deck and Pogs for the Marketplace) of Roll20, and am concerning my point of interest largely to the video/chat security, and privacy of the online engine. I noticed a similar interface as to... is it Adobe?
I'm not sure API would be the best place for this... The API is scripted in Java, however it is only the surface level of the interface, and doesn't give any insight as for security. It does make one question what you're doing on a RPG site that would be worth spying on however....

Edited 1375923418
Yeah I'll get that ego-reality check, and You yours. Yeah I've a single minded curiosity like anybody under the circumstances else would be wondering as You. So that said: some people, online cosplayers for example: probably wouldn't care either way~ but whatever, if your going be curious as to what anyone might find worth "spying on" I guess You could request an audience in the Campaign I've started. It's pretty much just a virtual card table right now but hey Thanks for the concern. I've already had a query stricken from the board for not placing it in the proper forum.. really don't want to have it happen again... so hope I replied candidly enough for your lack of a knowledgeable answer to the curios I posed.. for that's all they are: What engine is running the video chat system?  also trying to avoid the paranoia> just want a good, friendly environment~

Edited 1375940651
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
This is a utterly silly question to be asking, if you took 5 mins to think about it you would know the answer, There are currently no known vulnerability (if they were known they would be fixed) so if you don't invite someone then they cant see what's going on in your game, even the mods cant just bardge into your games, although I expect Riley could if he had to, but again the question why would he? With a javascript, server side, https secured web App like roll20 there are only two points of vulnerability the client side (and it is not roll20's place to secure your computer for you), and the server side and I'm sure they are keeping up with industry standards for security there. I would love to know why on earth you think anyone would want to hack into your campaign anyway, it makes no sense the only place on the roll20 site even worth looking at would be it user database and that is nice and secure I'm sure. These sorts of questions are pointless and show a fundamental lack of understanding of basic computer security, in the end of the day you are the weakest link in the chain.