Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Take some Screenshots of your campaign and share!

I don't what it's for, but those images are awsome and evocative. :) Thanks Drohem! I don't use battle maps for everything, many times I find images more evocative and that is important to me when it's about role playing games. Here is more on the purpose of images in the Roll20 background layer, according to some game masters: Show off your individual techniques for roll20 <a href="http://community.roll20.net/discussion/3161/show-off-your-individual-techniques-for-roll20/p1" rel="nofollow">http://community.roll20.net/discussion/3161/show-off-your-individual-techniques-for-roll20/p1</a> <a href="http://community.roll20.net/discussion/2881/quick-and-dirty-contextual-notes-access/p1" rel="nofollow">http://community.roll20.net/discussion/2881/quick-and-dirty-contextual-notes-access/p1</a> The images above are photo-edited, modified screenshots mostly taken from the intro of The Legend of Grimrock computer game. Not for an actual game, just for making a few tests with Roll20.
It's true that the G+ hangout interface looks somewhat better now.
Video screen capture of a game I ran saturday -- montage of various points in a 7 hour session. I dropped music over the table chatter so my players wouldn't be annoyed. ;) <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy8GZhDsCqI&feature=g-upl" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy8GZhDsCqI&feature=g-upl</a>
Awsome, just freakin' awsome! :D I remember those days of marathon sessions. *sigh* It's all good though, I chose to have four kids, LOL!
When all else fails, you resort to.......seduction. Here Lash, the party's half orc fighter/hussy tries to put the charm on one huge ogre, just one kiss from her sweet orc lips and he's taken..........meanwhile the rest of the party lines up to sucker punch the enraptured giant. "Poor Bilgrub, Lash knew him well" , verse by Kyras Bard and Tambourine master.
LOL! Great screen shot. :)
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I was making some KODT tokens and decided to take a screen capture and have some fun.
By the way, we're getting ready to update the main site and I'd love as many screenshots as I can get my hands on, so keep 'em coming! trimmed the fat and slapped up props for roll20 on it. took out the zombies, but left the pregenerated corpses where i put em. the graveyard plus the crypt took 7hours to dungeon crawl....so much fun. ill be back to post the crypt after i calculate loots and get a moment
ill be back to post the crypt after i calculate loots and get a moment left this one the way it ended, heros rocked the boss. missed out on the spider chest though. just whipped this one together in no time. found this map and just made a couple spots bigger.
Sometimes you just have to make a sacrifice. Since one member of the party is cursed with constant wild magic field any arcane spellcasters find that casting spells around him can have ominous effects.................. Ironballs, target of one such spell wound up being turned to stone instead of hasted, then dropped into a pit with, what else, a Four Armed Gargoyle! All may turn out well if the Book of Elements, now held by the bard can transform, poor "Balls" back to his fighting self, if not well I guess the impetuous dwarf "took one for the team".............................................................
Where do you guys find all these great terrains to get your maps looking soo good? And how do you get those bars above their heads instead of the circles?
Gid
Roll20 Team
Eugene, if you go to your token settings (double click on or click on the gear button on a selected token) there's check boxes for bars 1, 2 and 3. If you set parameters for the max total for the bars in token settings, they'll fill/empty on the fly when you enter new numbers in the bubbles that sit above a selected token on the tabletop.
Eugene, this might help for the bars: <a href="http://help.roll20.net/tabletop-tokens/" rel="nofollow">http://help.roll20.net/tabletop-tokens/</a> You can turn those on in the token settings (the little gear in the lower left corner that flies out when you select a token) As for the great maps, there are *all* kinds of places! Try looking through <a href="http://rpgmapshare.com/" rel="nofollow">http://rpgmapshare.com/</a> for some good maps. WotC still has their map archive up at <a href="http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/mw" rel="nofollow">http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/mw</a> so check that out for some good ones. There are also map creation softwares (like dundjinni and campaign cartographer) as well as some fantastic tile sets to be found in various places if you want to make your own. Some folks have used photoshp, gimp, ms paint, or any number of other graphics programs to build maps too. You can try <a href="http://pyromancers.com/dungeon-painter-online/" rel="nofollow">http://pyromancers.com/dungeon-painter-online/</a> for an online map creation tool (very nice, actually). Visit <a href="http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/default.asp" rel="nofollow">http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/default.asp</a> for some really great free objects and textures. Don't forget to check out the marketplace here on Roll20.net as well. There are some really nice free maps, tiles, objects, and tokens to get you started and some wonderful premium content for purchase too. And if you import a map, try out the align to grid tool to get it set up. It works really well! <a href="http://help.roll20.net/tabletop-aligning-maps/" rel="nofollow">http://help.roll20.net/tabletop-aligning-maps/</a>
Is there any particular file ext that should be used to post?
Thanks Sarah, last question, is there a way to remove two of the circles above the players head?
No Eugene, the gear box will always pop up all 3 above head when the token is clicked. I use the heart(green) to put in AC bonus (like "19 AC" cuz it pops the AC letters up under the circle a bit when yew space 19 and AC, so its easy to tell its the AC. The heartbeat(red) for life points. and the Blue usually ends up being monsters CRs. (Example included in screen shot below) BACK ON TOPIC: My druid player started the game without a companion and decided she wanted a badger. So I gave her a Solo Scenario where she found a badger cave under attack by numerous goblins. Many badgers died, but 3 hid and ran without taking damage and thus didnt RAGE. One Dire also got cornered protecting their 6 babies who he accidentally locked inside an old chest trying to defend them. She snuck in with a couple well placed spells of Obscuring Mist and a Bat Swarm. She ran through breaking the chest open, and defended all the badgers out. The Dire accepted her friendship and has opted to join her after he relocates its den mates. FYI: she missed collecting a magical mushroom, but she got a great story XP reward and a magic sword WITH her companion. Scale: 1=2.5 (small size combat) Blue badgers = Dead Spotted Green Mushrooms: Small Size(Climbable) Based on the song "BadgerBadgerBadger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM" Whole cave glows in dark from little neon green mushroom. (just above lowlight requirement) The level worked with the crack down the middle being ground level, with a ledge to sneak under to the back of the cave under the goblins. The chest was down in a pit where the goblins kept the Dire cornered and taunted without attacking it into a rage yet. moved the mist/bats to see all of lvl too
Dr. Nathan Panke said, Is there any particular file ext that should be used to post? For posting screenshots? I think JPG is the best for it. If you are sharing tiles, images or tokens with transparencies, PNG then.
Sarah A. said, Don't forget to check out the marketplace here on Roll20.net as well. There are some really nice free maps, tiles, objects, and tokens to get you started and some wonderful premium content for purchase too. About this, I have a question: I'm still unsure if it's possible to use content purchased at the Marketplace outside of the Art Library for editing the art assets with image software.
Map Lesson: Where to find maps, I grab them out of all kinds of different sources, such as Published Modules that I own, on line Maps, and I build them with Tile sets that I have created (which I will gladly send to anyone requesting them, <a href="mailto:ajaxthecleanser@att.net" rel="nofollow">ajaxthecleanser@att.net</a> The tile sets are quite small when zipped and you can build literally anything with them. I will post a pic of a typical tile set. If you request them you may want to post here as a heads up (so I check my EMail) or send a PM. Below are a few of the maps I have acquired.............. Expanding Roll20 one session at a time..................................
My riddle box with elven text from our Thursday night Tyshmaea campaign. Translated, it reads: "This clock has one, / And so do you, / But only a mirror will reveal yours, / What this clock bares readily to you." The tiles could be rearranged by the party to answer the riddle. This is conclusion with the tiles being in the correct locations. Good times to be had. :)
Some of this thread has been edited to remove copyrighted images. Please do not post fully usable maps that are pirated or you do not have proper permission to make public.
Frogman, that's really fun! I'll have to try something like that with my players. I have a few of them who are total puzzle fiends and really get into it whenever they've got one to solve. Nice work.
I am using Roll20 to play Fire and Fury, a BritishnColonial/Zulu Wars game nor,ally played in 15 mm or 25 mm but easily adapted to Roll20 and the hex grid. A simple map with a few trees, some scrub and a building or two and the Zulus outnumbering the Brits by 5 or 10 to 1 and it makes for a fair fight. Bronco_6
Not really a screen shot but a session summary from the Dwarf Cleric Morgrym: I thought I'd share it. Alright, summary time for Lash. deep breath Daenan, Reemis, and Kyras found some cultist robes and decided to try and use them to infiltrate the Drogan's sermon. We discovered that between the hallway and the worship room was a small room with a permanent Silence spell set on it, so we could have logically brought in several large cannons and they wouldn't have heard a thing. Operation Don't Mind Us We're Cultists failed about ten seconds in, to nobody's surprise. Reemis chickened out after he opened the door and saw that there were about five Drogan fanatics and a High Priest. The Three Stooges beat a hasty retreat through the room of silence, where Tia and Morgrym had been waiting, and the battle began. Over the course of the battle, the High Priest tried to use psychological warfare through Fear spells. He cast the spell twice, and both times, Kyras failed the save. Thanks to some quick thinking from Tia, however, Kyras was snapped out of it (more on that later). The second time the High Priest cast Fear, Reemis didn't make his save, and since nobody was able to break him out of it, he ran like a chicken with his tail between his legs. We also discovered a few more effects of Reemis's Wild Surge curse. Morgrym tried casting Summon Monster II, which was turned into what I believe was Dancing Lights, and later tried to cast Bull's Strength on Daenan. The spell turned into a Charm spell, and Daenan was not amused. We were able to beat the fanatics, the High Priest, and his two Undead minions without any further incident, and the looting began. The High Priest was wearing a Cloak of Resist Fire, a Lightning Javelin, and a masterwork mace. We also found a large bone carving of a skull made out of dragon bone, which Morgrym started using as a helmet until we can find an alchemist who'll give us a good price for it. In one of the two small rooms off to the side, we discovered a veritable mound of Drogan-minted platinum and gold coins, valued at around 400+ gold. We decided to take it with us, so we could have it melted down somewhere into the raw components; we're pretty sure nobody would want to do business with somebody using Drogan coins. Also in the chest/coffin, we discovered a scroll of DOOOOOOOM and an unidentified gold feather. Since the scroll of DOOOOOOOOM is divine magic, and Daenan is a wimp, Morgrym held onto the scroll. In the second small room, which also contained a chest/coffin, we discovered an animated skeleton with four arms, claws, and an enchanted masterwork bec de corbin. Now, don't be mad, but during the battle, Daenan got a crit, and kinda... demolished the bec de corbin beyond recognition. But it wasn't his fault... no, actually it was. Bec de firewood-and-scrap-metal aside, we destroyed the skeleton and decided to leave. Outside, we were met by a crowd of admirers riled up by Lash. Daenan got a smooch, Tia got mistaken for a ten year old, Morgrym got embarrassed, and Reemis and Kyras got ignored. We quickly went past them, and returned to Candlekeep. The alchemist-scribe lady offered us 250 gold for Morgrym's dragonbone hat, JUST after she had told us that the amount of powdered dragonbone it could make would be worth ONE THOUSAND gold. Morgrym left in a huff, and with as much dignity as a dwarf with a carving of a human skull on top of his head can. Following that, we went to the magical joke-hut, where what's-his-name identified the cloak free of charge. When that was done, we went to the library, and that's where we stopped. Now, the award for Adventurer of the Week goes to: TIA! For her bloodthirsty method of snapping Kyras out of his bout of pants-wetting! Twice, Kyras flubbed his will save, and TWICE Tia fixed the problem with extreme violence! The first time, we were shocked - SHOCKED! - to discover that Tia was carrying a morningstar as she used it to club Kyras in the kneecap. 'Atta girl, Tia! But it was the second time - the second time! - that Tia showed us all that she is the three-foot-tall reincarnation of Bruce Lee. When the bard's knees were clattering together like drumsticks, what did Tia do? She executed a PERFECT jumping spinning roundhouse kick that temporarily turned Kyras into a soprano! The crowd went WILD! Runner up for this week is KYRAS, for takin' it like a champ, even when a possibly evil halfling kicked him in the balls. Gameplay-wise, Ajax awarded us all with an instant level-up, mostly so we wouldn't be outdone by the level four half-orc.
Here are a few shots from my B2 Keep on the Borderlands Campaign
Looks cool!
Looks cool! Ditto!
Pic from immediately after our last session ended. D&D 4e, March of the Phantom Brigade encounters season, first session. All 4 players have just logged off, leaving me to plot,scheme... and add more baddies to the map!! Muahahahahahaha!
Ugh... stirges.
Ugh... stirges. I heard they drink blood, and they aren't precisely small mosquitoes! Pic from immediately after our last session ended. I really like how you placed that table with stats into the Roll20 canvas (a map in this screenshot). The way Roll20 currently handles Handouts doesn't allow you to just place them "on the table", or not with the same ease / effectiveness as it can be seen in this screenshot. (Having the map grid placed under informative images and game resources like these would be an obvious advantage, even if in this particular case the square grid isn't very annoying or noticeable.) Also, it's encouraging to see more people using the Text Chat box for running games!
I ran my first Roll20 game last night, and I'm excited! Sorry if this post rambles. :) It's good to see the enthusiasm. Besides, you have a pretty good overall game setup for this being your first Roll20 session!
The intrepid band of five courageous individuals lead by a stalwart knight battled their way across a land fraught with danger. Facing almost insurmountable odds, their bloody wounds washed clean by the impetuous dwarf always willing to accept the fate of a bad decision. Inspired by the melodic rants of the tambourine wielding bard, whose ability to steel the backbone and strengthen the arm of all who would dispel evil. The shadowy figure whose deft skill with all things driven by the science of mechanics and magicks, who could make disaster seem like part of some great plan. And to little halfling waif, whose indomitable courage, quick thinking, and foresight lead the heroes to their final destiny. My hat goes off to you all! And how could I have forgotten, the burly babe of the bec de corbin, forced to abandon the group when romance called her away, let us all shed a tear for the tusker........... As this campaign ends another begins.................... Ajax wishes to thank all the players who participated in Tales of Ancient Empires, the game is nothing without you.
Yet another person running Thunderspire Labrynth here. This particular version is run using Myrhdraak's Orcus conversion found on the Wizards website. I have made cards for all the status effects, which you can see on the right. When a player become effected, they just draw a card and because each status has a separate deck, you can see each card a character is holding by looking at their box at the bottom of the screen. None of these maps are mine, all were acquired from various sources on the internet, there is some really nice work out there! There are a couple encounters the party fought through, and one image is of the Halfmoon Inn! I also have an extremely large map of the hall for my players to explore, but showing an image here would be pretty tough! P.S. Thanks to Gauss for the idea, me and my players truly appreciate it!
The final showdown, Ember, red dragon, most feared taken down by, who? Stumpy's figurine of wonderous flying elephant. That's right, when you're outgunned you gotta adapt. In a last ditch effort to avoid certain defeat the intrepid band called upon their last resource, Dumbo, the Flying Elephant. Commanded by the bold halfling barbarian to...............land on the back of Ember the Red, gadzooks! A twelve ton giant, poor Ember couldn't bear the load, wind gushing from her lungs, she fell, exposing her neck to Presto's wicked Life Stealer, one more blast from Miro's, lead pipe of lightning direction and whammo, Dead Dragon
Yet another person running Thunderspire Labrynth here. This particular version is run using Myrhdraak's Orcus conversion found on the Wizards website. I have made cards for all the status effects, which you can see on the right. When a player become effected, they just draw a card and because each status has a separate deck, you can see each card a character is holding by looking at their box at the bottom of the screen. None of these maps are mine, all were acquired from various sources on the internet, there is some really nice work out there! There are a couple encounters the party fought through, and one image is of the Halfmoon Inn! I also have an extremely large map of the hall for my players to explore, but showing an image here would be pretty tough! P.S. Thanks to Gauss for the idea, me and my players truly appreciate it! <a href="http://game-icons.net/" rel="nofollow">http://game-icons.net/</a> I'm going through and making a set of images for use as D&D 4e status effects/conditions using the icons there. I'll post them up as a zip file later. Using decks like that is an amazing workaround for applying conditions to tokens. Though it won't work if one player controls multiple tokens.
Here's what I've got done so far. Got sidetracked with some housework so I haven't got much more done.
Here's a couple pics of a map I'm building for Star Wars Saga Ed. The player characters are training to become part of the Empire's Destabilization Unit of the Bureau of Operations, Imperial Intelligence. All set during the 'Dark Times' just after Episode III.
Some combat on the bridge from my Rogue Trader game. This was like two sessions ago?
Here are a few shots from last weeks DnDNext B2 game involving Lizardmen in the Baleful Bog
Screen sot from our friday game. The integrated Count-Up Clock has been a great help with our games (and very popular with the players). I use GoogleHangouts' screen share button to switch from my ugly face/video cam to the count-up window during combat.
More from B2, Hobgbolins and Orcs at war as out dwarf runs in with axe raised.
IsItMyTurnYet
Marketplace Creator
I've posted screenshots before, but this time I was finally able to capture most of our session. It's been awhile since our group has been able to get together, so we were all a little rusty. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT-LCRRzSpo" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT-LCRRzSpo</a>
More from the Borderlands... Here is cave B, the Orc cave.
Running a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. campaign using Savage Worlds, here's a screenshot of our campaign map as explored so far, and the bandit ambush where the players were doublecrossed. Hundreds of man hours went into making the maps and tokens for the games :D
Love the look of your maps, Thom. Great stuff!
Gid
Roll20 Team
MSPAINT FTW!
That "chemical plant fight" image... that may be the best use of Roll20 yet, Thom.
Here's some quickies for the sake of posterity! A snapshot of the current Mission the 40k Deathwatch FFG group I'm a player in is currently slogging its way through: <a href="http://community.roll20.net/utility/thumbnail/FileUpload/d9/cb48cd6618e200f9e7eec2ddc70788.png" rel="nofollow">http://community.roll20.net/utility/thumbnail/FileUpload/d9/cb48cd6618e200f9e7eec2ddc70788.png</a> The Deathwatch group is currently towards the end of it's current mission and we're running through the dying remains of a Tyranid Hive ship, that we have boarded and sabotaged. The second is the front page of the Deathwatch/Dark heresy Campaign that I'm currently working on for a June Start, after the USB i stored all of my digital documents on blew it's self up in October and forced me put to everything together again from scratch... <a href="http://community.roll20.net/utility/thumbnail/FileUpload/bd/cd2e50695d2d5cfe696195de469721.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://community.roll20.net/utility/thumbnail/FileUpload/bd/cd2e50695d2d5cfe696195de469721.jpg</a> Interesting fact for those interested, Each document or item seen on the front page is a discoverable and important plot item from the first 'Chapter' of the campaign. Frankly, there are some visually impressive screen caps in this thread and if nothing else, they've made me re-think my own production values. Thanks for sharing them!
IsItMyTurnYet
Marketplace Creator
Culln, that front page capture is really cool. Especially since it's not random junk, but instead items actually discovered by the group. Very nice.
Culln, that front page capture is really cool. Especially since it's not random junk, but instead items actually discovered by the group. Very nice. Thank you very much for your kind words! The front page was an organic process, I only realized half way through while I was putting it together in Photoshop, that if I made these Item's more than just Random 'Stuff' I could tease my players about future plot threads. Also, for those of a keen eye, I could start them guessing as to what is to come by leaving some cryptic and some obvious clues and misinformation by only showing bits and piece's of the displayed documents. It's a shame that my USB stick exploded shortly after putting this together! as I don't have a backup copy of the .PSD