Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

New Token Pack (Human Melee Heroes) and PAX Prime

Edited 1375974310
Vanderforge
Marketplace Creator
Hi everyone! I'm sorry it's been so long since the last time I posted, but I have been very busy in the last few months since the last pack with this one and other projects that have come up. This is going to be a long one so I better get started!&nbsp; First and without much ado, my new pack just went up! Human Male&nbsp;Melee Heroes <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/185/human-male-melee-heroes" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/185/human-male-melee-heroes</a> This pack contains 69 total tokens&nbsp;and they&nbsp;break down as such: 16 Human Warrior/Fighter/Knight tokens. 16 Human Rogue/Thief tokens. 16 Human Monk tokens. 16 Human Barbarian tokens. 3 horses All tokens have different weapon and pose combinations to fulfill your melee party needs. All human tokens come in light skinned and dark skinned versions. Unique class weapons Torch and lantern wielding tokens for each hero. Mounted version of each hero. Still just $4.99! This is my largest token pack yet! It was a lot of work and time, I really hope you guys like it!&nbsp; In my last post I said that I had planned to create a pack with 8 classes with 2 or 3 different configurations for each.&nbsp; However, when thinking about it as a player and DM not just a token creator I felt that I would rather have more flexibility, I would like to give my players the option to represent their characters as close as possible to what they have created in their minds. Also, it gives the DM more flexibility if they want to use them as enemies :) My next pack will be the Human Male Ranged Heroes ; I haven't yet decided all the classes for it but it will at least be a Wizard, Cleric, Druid/Shaman, and a Ranger (Unless you guys come up with better ideas and requests on this thread).&nbsp; I really want to give people the best deal possible with my packs, so I've given myself the requirement to always include at least 40 tokens&nbsp;and keep them at $4.99.&nbsp; This means that if I can't find a good weapon combo for each of the above and still have at least 40 I will throw in an extra class. After I'm done with that, I will move on to Human Female Melee Heroes followed by ranged ones.&nbsp; The females will most likely use the same armor design and weapons as the males.&nbsp; I've always loved that in Fantasy games&nbsp;the women are usually presented to be just as powerful as the men, and I personally dislike chainmail bikinis.&nbsp; I find a woman in full plate sexier anyway! As usual, feel free to leave any feedback about this pack on this thread, or requests for the next one!&nbsp; I can't follow each and every piece of advice I get from you guys though I wish I could, but I promise that I read and listen to every single post on here. As always, thank you very much for all your support.&nbsp; I feel very lucky to have found this community, you guys are the best! Now, FIND ME AT PAX PRIME 2013! A couple of friends and I will be at PAX Prime 2013 at the end of this month; while I won't have a booth and I'm just going as a con goer (My first con in fact) I would love to meet those of you going! So, let's make it fun! If you see me around PAX, come say "Hi" and take a picture with me, afterwards, either post the picture on this thread, send it to me on a PM or an email and I will make a free custom token for you!&nbsp; Sky's the limit, whatever you want, ask away! I will not be using this token on any of my packs, unless you really want to share it with the community in which case I would be happy to include it when the time comes and give it whatever name you choose. Here's a couple of pictures of me so you know who to look for, at this time I'm planning to wear this exact shirt at least one of the days and might continue with the Superman theme the whole con: Cropped out my wife because...Internet :-p Chances are I will be acting like&nbsp;an idiot, so this might be closer to what I'll look like. (Wearing a Penny-Arcade shirt in this picture, funny enough) So, if you see my ugly mug and want a free, custom token come say "Hi!" at PAX!
Can't wait to get my custom token!
Kevin B.
Marketplace Creator
Love em! Great content!
For your ranged heroes, I hope you'll split the ranger into one with a Bow and one with a Crossbow.&nbsp; Your tokens are excellent.
Wish I were going to PAX - I'd love another custom token. :) As for suggestions on the ranged pack, I'd just say remember that not all games have wizards in robes - sometimes wizards can wear armor and don't use staffs.&nbsp; So, it would be cool to see some of the wizards perhaps with a sword, but their hand raised and glowing, so you know they are getting ready to unleash some arcane bad-assery.
Vanderforge
Marketplace Creator
Thanks guys! Steve , I'm definitely planning to include a bow and a crossbow; when I'm creating these I tend to look up the different weapons that classes can wield in the popular tabletop games and try to include as many as I can. Carl , I'm glad you think that way because my wizard will not be wearing robes. &nbsp;He's the first one I'm working on right now and while he's not wearing armor; I'm shooting for something more along the lines of "Ezren" from Pathfinder. &nbsp;A tunic, pants, although mine is going to have long sleeves and bracers. &nbsp;He'll definitely be wielding a sword in at least one of the poses and his default pose is actually him running with his left arm extended ahead! Now as for the glow, that's something I'm still debating. &nbsp;If I make it red it will look like he's casting a fire spell, but what if he's a frost wizard? I figured I'd leave the glow out so it's more flexible. &nbsp;I could always go with a purple one, that represents more of an arcane feel to it. &nbsp;Right now I'm leaning for no glow.

Edited 1376067653
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hmmm, Id swear a couple of those humans look like they are dressed up as superman (blue armor, red "cape"). :) - Gauss
Vanderforge
Marketplace Creator
Ha! Yeah, I definitely did that on purpose. &nbsp;The Warrior/Knight in that set has those colors for a few reasons. &nbsp;Superman is kind of the Warrior/Knight/Paladin/Tank of the Justice League, and I associate those colors with heroism. &nbsp;Warrior/Tank is also my absolute preferred class/role to play in all games, and as it's painfully obvious, I'm a big Superman fan, so my mind always gravitates to apply that color scheme to my Warriors :)&nbsp;
I just want to say I really like your tokens ad hope you continue producing new ones! At the moment I use Devin`s but yours can match his quality and may even surpass it in parts. When there are more characters and NPCs available I will definetly buy. I like a consisten artstyle across the table.
Vanderforge
Marketplace Creator
Hi Marcus, Thank you very much for your feedback! I am absolutely continuing to make tokens, however due to my&nbsp;job and other projects I have to release them at a slower pace than the other artists on the site.&nbsp; I currently dedicate about an hour every day to token creation. Devin's tokens are fantastic! I'm a big fan of his work myself, I am always taken aback by the amount of work he's put into them! I'm currently working on my&nbsp;2nd human male pack so I can cover the ranged/magic classes; after that I will probably release&nbsp;female versions of those packs; then I might move on and do a human NPCs pack&nbsp;so people can hopefully run a whole game using my tokens.&nbsp; I will definitely welcome feedback and requests&nbsp;for NPCs at that point!&nbsp;
Devin N.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
This is a really nice pack, I just read how many variants you are including. That's is awesome! Now I have to up my game. :) Your work is very good, looking forward to seeing more of it.
Vanderforge
Marketplace Creator
Thanks Devin! It's funny because your packs make me want to up my game!&nbsp; I am always baffled by the amount of work you've put into them and the sheer amount of variety you offer!&nbsp; As I mentioned before, I'm a fan :)