Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Possible to move all layers of an entire map?

Edited 1452382360
I made a large space for a map in order to generate ta random dungeon -- I didn't know in advance its shape or size. I built it out from the middle of the space. Now that its' done, there's a lot of empty space around the content. I'd like to pick up the entire thing, all layers, and move it into the top left of the grid. Is that possible? Thanks.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
At your subscription level, you will have to do a large drag across all your assets in one layer to select them all then drag them. You will have to do it each layer also. If you were a pro subscriber, I think an api script might do what you want.
Ah, that's tricksy. I could see a lot of stuff not lining up that was placed using alt/option. I'm not beyond upgrading to Pro if need be, but is there any other method that you Roll20 ninjas can think of to lose unwanted space around a map? Is there an entirely different approach that I'm not thinking of? Thanks again.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Taking a screen cap with the grid disabled so it does not show up and edit the captured image before uploading it is the only other method I know of.

Edited 1452387776
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Could select your objects and group(right click selection&gt;advanced&gt;group) before moving? &nbsp;You could do this on each layer. &nbsp;Seems like this would at least minimize the chance of things not lining up. As, you take screen caps as mentioned and "stitch" them together using GIMP/graphic editor or an online tool like&nbsp; <a href="http://zippyhelp.com/imagetools/stitch/photostitch" rel="nofollow">http://zippyhelp.com/imagetools/stitch/photostitch</a>... or similar. Just some thoughts.
Good ideas for work arounds. Thanks.
Gold
Forum Champion
First you could make a copy of your entire campaign. That way you have a backup of the page before you move anything. Next you could hope to count on the Undo command (control-Z), and, attempt to highlight everything and move it, perhaps while holding Alt/Option, or not. And then if you aren't pleased with the result, try the Control-Z to undo and put it back.&nbsp;