Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Inquiry] Making sheet buttons token actions

Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I'm looking at tweaking the BFRPG sheet and looking at trying to make the button rollers to be checkmarkable so that they are token actions or even appearable on the macro bar. The image below is just an example of thief abilities sheet buttons. I want to make them to appear like the token actions or have them show up on the macro bar below or even a mixture of both. Is this even possible? If so where do I look for the info on how to do it?
I do not know.  This is a work around that you likely already know: While in the game (and not editing the sheet): use a button to roll something click into chat hit the up arrow on your keyboard This will bring up the macro that was rolled.  Copy and paste this into a normal macro and check the "token action" box.  A lot longer, but it will give you a token action button duplicating a sheet button.  You may have to delete any character specific names if this is suppose to apply to a more than one character. Replacing the names with "selected" would also work.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
If it's for personal use, you might be better off using an API Script that creates Token Actions from Sheet Buttons.

Edited 1452547297
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I tried making tokenaction optional from within a sheet, but gave up.  Either a button has the tokenaction class or it doesn't.  You can't set a buttons attributes, other than its value from inside the sheet.  At least I couldn't make it happen.  ;-( Button's can be dragged to the quick bar and renamed or include the button roll name inside another macro.  Tokenaction, what are they good for?  ;-P
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
CPP, I knew about the workaround but wanted something built into the sheet. Silvyre, I was shooting for something that could be used by someone with a free account. Vince, If you couldn't figure it out then it is out of my league. Thank you all for looking into it. I think I will just working with what I have and make token action macros.