Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e] Migrating from the old D&D 5e sheet to Shaped

Edited 1452624889
Hi all, I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to update my D&D 5e campaign to use the new 5e shaped character sheet. To help the conversation, I've read all of the documentation and I've spoken with the Shaped sheet creator. Now the question is: what's the easiest way to do this without losing any data? The characters are 6th level, and there's a ton of detailed info all throughout the current character sheets. My current plan is: Upgrade to Pro.  Create a new temp campaign with the Shaped sheet.  Open both the old and the new campaign in a browser. Copy / paste from the old sheet into the new sheet for each of the 5 PCs. Export the Shaped sheets from the temp campaign. Import the sheets into my active campaign. Is there a better way?
Simply copy/extend you campaign. When the new campaign is created you can select the shaped character sheet as the sheet for the new campaign. In all the time's I have done it all the stats and abilities have transferred fine. You will have to redo the AC and a couple of other things. Some of your NPCs might need a bit more fiddling, but most of the attributes are identical.
Well dang, that's easier...