Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Turn Tracker displaying names in the Text Chat box

I think that it would be very useful to many games if there would be the option for the Turn Tracker automatically displaying the name of the character or token that is going to act next --obviously not for hidden tokens or those in the GM's Layer. This would make online GMing easier (*) by being able to optionally remove the effort of specifically stating again and again (by speaking it or by typing it) who is acting at the beginning of each turn. (*) Especially for text chat based Roll20 games.
I thought the turn tracker already did this by highlighting the name of the next token that is to take an action, or do you mean something else entirely
Jeremy K., In my experience with this app, token highlighting (on the map) from the Turn Tracker is not streamed to the players, so it doesn't help regarding GM/Players communication. Of course, I may be missing something, however I've checked this many times.
The name is highlighted in the turn tracker not on the actual token, as a player I've been able to see it in one of my weekly campaigns
Jeremy K., You are right, the name is highlighted in green color inside the Turn Tracker for all participants in a game. Surely that is enough for indicating who is next, making my suggestion pointless --I see that now.
Part of the still valid points raised here can be followed at Mike R..'s thread, "Highlight Token when it's that player/monster's turn" (<a href="http://community.roll20.net/discussion/2891/highlight-token-when-its-that-playermonsters-turn#Item_1" rel="nofollow">http://community.roll20.net/discussion/2891/highlight-token-when-its-that-playermonsters-turn#Item_1</a>)
Upvoted. This is an issue for me too. It goes hand in hand with my general "finding stuff" complaints when using Roll20.