Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Aura bug

Gauss
Forum Champion
Players are seeing other player's Auras when only the edit box is marked. Unless I am mistaken, with the 'edit' box on and the 'see' box off only the controlling player (and possibly the GM) is supposed to see the aura. Thanks for your time. - Gauss
Gid
Roll20 Team
Gauss, do you know what browsers you and your group are using? Is everyone able to see each other's auras or is it happening to only a couple of players?
Gauss
Forum Champion
I will get back to you on that. We have a game monday night. This problem was discovered while we were testing out the system, we have only played a couple of sessions and we are still learning the ins and outs of the system. BTW, I am using Chrome. I will find out what others are using. - Gauss
Gauss
Forum Champion
I replicated it tonight with my group. We are all using Chrome. Everyone saw the aura when edit was on but see was not. - Gauss
Gauss
Forum Champion
Bump, I'd like to see if I you can replicate this Kristin. :) - Gauss
Gid
Roll20 Team
Sorry about the delay. I've been kind of out of it these past couple of days. I'll file a bug report right now.
Gauss
Forum Champion
No worries :) - Gauss
This was actually affecting all overlay elements (nameplates, bars, auras, etc.). I'm surprised nobody noticed it until now. Current (incorrect) behavior: If Edit is checked, it acts like See is checked, showing these elements to all players. New (correct) behavior: If Edit is checked, only the controlling player (+ GM) can see the overlay element. See must be checked to show to any other players. This is fixed in the next update. Thanks!
Gauss
Forum Champion
Again, thank you :) I guess I happened to notice it because I am new to Roll20 and I am in my 'thorough exploration' phase. Right now I am trying everything to see how it works. :D - Gauss