Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Bump Script issue

Let me start off by saying I love the Bump script.  It's useful in so many ways.  I've been using it for a while now, and it's time to see what I can do about a minor issue I have.   My issue is that I use a script that automatically applies the yellow marker to a token that is under 100% hit points (and changes it to red at <50% ).  But since the slave token copies the master token's hit points, it will show where a hidden token is because the players can see the yellow or red marker. I've tried to come up w/ a solution without losing functionality, but cannot. Any suggestions?
Just a follow-up to help anyone else who is having this issue. By removing the bar1_max attribute from the mirroredProps array in the Bump script, I was able to eliminate this issue with a minimal amount of lost utility.   Lost Utility If a hidden token takes damage and you change the health on the slave token, it will update the health on the master token.  However, it appears the script to change the health indicator status will not recognize the change and will remain what it was, even if the token is moved or bumped using the slave token. For the status indicator to update, you will need to manually move or change something on the master token. Final Note Modifying the Bump script to create an array of slave IDs that can be used an exemption list for other scripts would probably work without any lost utility.  I may try to figure that one out later.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Cool!  Let me know if you need help. =D The reason the other script is not updating the master token is that the API does not receive notifications for changes the API makes.  So, when bump adjusts the master token, the other script just isn't told.  There are ways around this, (Bump gets notified when GroupInitiative changes the TurnOrder, for example) but it requires some changes to both scripts.