Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Keeper Password Extension and Roll20

I noticed recently that the Keeper Password Manager Extension drags Roll20 to a near halt when looking at character sheets. The DnD 5th Edition (Shaped) sheet is particularly bad--Chrome times out and wants to kill the tab before the sheet  responds. I see that this has been reported before. Keeper has the ability to use a list of Disabled web sites—sites where the extension will not (by choice) function. I’ve tried adding app.roll20.net and *.roll20.net. I’m not certain the extension actually works with a wildcard like that—it accepts it, but it’s not clear if it’s functioning as expected with it. In any case, there are still problems with having the extension enabled in this configuration. Basically, Roll20 isn’t usable. What I’m wondering is, is there a list of other domains that I should attempt to exclude from Keeper, in order to avoid a situation where I have to disable the extension whenever I’m in a Roll20 session?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
app.roll20.net/ app.roll20dev.net/ Then there are a host of other sites that Roll20 depends on like the Firebase servers we use for real time data. The Amazon S3 servers for images. The SoundCloud API for music. TokBox for built in WebRTC video/voice chat.
Okay, then the solution I was looking for looks like it’s out. However, for the information of anyone else that comes across this thread in the future, I found a Chrome extension that can automatically disable other extensions based on the website URL….seems to work like a charm for Keeper using app.roll20.net, which still allows me to login to Roll20 with Keeper, and yet prevent Keeper from interfering with Character Sheets. I’ll have to give it more thorough testing later, but on first pass it appears to work. Link to the Extension Automation extension on the Chrome Web Store, for those looking for it: <a href="https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/extension-automation/ghopjgdkodchjclkkfdekhjfomdbakkb" rel="nofollow">https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/extension-automation/ghopjgdkodchjclkkfdekhjfomdbakkb</a>