Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Ready Checker

A simple life improvement idea. The DM starts a ready checker, which prompts a Ready button to all other players. Initially, all red with "not ready". Player clicks on the button, and it shows a green ready. Replaces the "x in chat" to check if everyone is ready and present.
Gold
Forum Champion
Neat idea. For a workaround you could either say "Type the word READY in chat when you are ready", or, make a Macro Button or Token Action button called "Ready" and say "Press the READY macro button when you are Ready". (The button could be programmed to either post "PlayerName is now Ready" in the chat, or you could program it like an initiative button that adds the Player to the Turn Tracker list, allowing you to use Turn Tracker as a listing of everyone who is ready.) Would something like that work or the green/red button would be better for your purposes?

Edited 1453335056
I guess I could use the turn tracker, don't know why I didn't think of that. :) But the basic idea was to have some kind of interface like the turn tracker where everyone could show their status, even if you are in combat and have to use the turn tracker for combat. For example, there could be green "ready", red "not ready", yellow "afk", blue "phone call", etc. and many other status options, and each player could actively set their status to what they choose, and everyone could see what everyone else status is. That would be to replace having to scroll up the chat (or ask other players) to check if someone said he was afk or not when he doesn't answer when it's his turn.
I like this idea. Sometimes when players go afk, I don't notice because chat has moved on after they typed it out.  A status symbol over their name or icon would visibly show when someone isn't present, so that I as the GM don't waste time saying "wait, are they back yet? who all is here?"

Edited 1454913092
would like this if I had votes ;) so count this a +1
+1, didn't see this was already a suggestion, although the one I've posted is slightly different. &nbsp;The essential idea is the same, though! <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4255500/arcade-style-ready-check-for-players/?pageforid=4255500#post-4255500" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4255500/arcade-style-ready-check-for-players/?pageforid=4255500#post-4255500</a>
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .