Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

ICONS style dice

I have been going through all the how to use dice instuctions, and I am sure I have done this before back in 2013...ish. You roll 2d6 with a specific one being a posative value and the other being negative...At first I thought roll 1d6 - 1d6 cause then you get one possative value and one negative value, but after 70 attemps the highest roll was a 1. When the range should be -5 to 5. Which I am sure 1d6 - 1d6 should give, but maybe I am not seeing an obvious mistake on my part. Anyone have any input how to simulate rolling 2d6 where one is a possative value, other is a negative and resulting in a range of -5 to 5? Thank you to any who may help.
/roll (1d6)-(1d6)
isn't "/r 1d6-1d6" the same result? Will try type that other one in and see how it fairs, hope it works, I BELIEVE IN YOU.
al e. said: /roll (1d6)-(1d6) Your one seems to get above 1 and even a 5 came up. So between -5 and 5 achieved. Still don't know why "/r 1d6 - 1d6" doesn't go above 1 for me. Maybe I am just really unlucky. I read in a forum I could also roll 2d6 and them minus 7 for the same range and probability. so "/r 2d6 - 7" should work too :P Thank you for your time and wisdom, oh technology capable dog, you are a good boy...or girl.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Seedle said: I read in a forum I could also roll 2d6 and them minus 7 for the same range and probability. so "/r 2d6 - 7" should work too :P It would, but you won't be any "luckier" with it. :)
Silvyre said: Seedle said: I read in a forum I could also roll 2d6 and them minus 7 for the same range and probability. so "/r 2d6 - 7" should work too :P It would, but you won't be any "luckier" with it. :) But a boy can dream :P