Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

drawing question

How do I tell who drew what? I know colors aren't a way to tell(since those can be switched) I have someone who is a repeat offender who likes to draw all over my campaigns
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I think there is an api script that reports peoples actions but I do not know what it is called.
This topic comes up now and then.  Invariably it ends up being resolved (or not) as a social solution. Talk to your players.  Ask them not to draw on things. If you need to, drop the player ribbon on a generic splash page between sessions so they can't mess with the live campaign.  If they're doing it mid-session, you should be able to clearly see by the colors.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Here's a link to a previous thread discussing this topic ; hopefully it'll prove helpful to some degree.

Edited 1453322923
the problem is: I've talked to them, and I am unsure who did it(it's happened several times in past) and since I have a large player base, it's not like I can single people out, and penalizing whole group, isn't working(everyone accepts the penalty, but it keeps happening) Thank you, I really am getting annoyed since it keeps happening, and I want to heavily penalize the offender, if not outright kick them. And... it offers little help...
Here's the trick, and unfortunately it won't work if they're reading this: Make multiple identical between-game pages, and place each player on their own. Don't let anyone know anything is unusual, of course; just kind of have them ready, and move them after everyone has left for the night. On the GM layer, make note of whose page it is. Wait for the culprit to draw. Once they've done so... you know who did it, by the page it's on! Also, of course, this requires them to do their drawing between sessions. Good luck. -Phnord
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ok.. you've inspired me to finish up a script I've had on the back burner.  Hope it will help you with this! [Script] DryErase -- Gives you control over how your players are drawing on your maps.
I know I can just erase all drawings, but, it's pointless if they can just do it again, the script looks very useful, thanks!