Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using chat 'dropdowns' / 'autofil' -- searched Wiki but couldn't find explanations

Edited 1453337133
Hi! In game, when I start to type certain things in the chat box, it starts to autofill, which tells me one can type certain commands / macros quickly. For example, if I type " # " (no quotes), it lists a few of my macros, which makes some things quicker. Is there a list of these shortcuts I can type in the chat?  I checked wiki, and didn't find the info.  I've also tested other options ( " @ " for example) to no avail. It seems like it could help, and would like to know what options I have. Thanks!

Edited 1453338424
Silvyre
Forum Champion
For the text chat, there are also autocomplete widgets for Abilities (triggered by typing %) and whispering (triggered by typing /w c, where c is character within a player's display name or a Character's name that is visible in your Journal). Within the Actions field within the Edit Macro window, an autocomplete widget exists for Abilities and Attributes (trigger the latter by typing @c, where c is a character within the name of an Attribute of a Character that you have permission to control).
Thanks Silvyre, and thanks for the links! I don't know if I completely understand how they work, as I type % or %{ and it gives me a list of options (like %{RangerDan|Initiative} ).  However, when I type %{R to get more RangerDan options, all options disappear. In another test, I typed %{s and got %{Evil Mage|Attack-Cast-Spell} , and I'm not sure how an "s" pulled up %{Evil Mage|Attack-Cast-Spell} . My thanks.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I suppose the autocomplete searches by Ability name, and doesn't account for Character names. Brett M. said: In another test, I typed %{s and got %{Evil Mage|Attack-Cast-Spell} , and I'm not sure how an "s" pulled up %{Evil Mage|Attack-Cast-Spell} . It's an "s" in Attack-Ca s t- S pell that's flagging it.

Edited 1453358021
Yeah, not searching by name is rather annoying and counter-intuitive since they start with the character name.
Thanks!