Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[HELP] How do I create a database to query from with drop down menu selections?

Ok, I'll bite. Or should I say I've been bitten. The HTML and CSS character sheet is pretty slick. But.... I'm looking to build a drop Drop Down menu for class selection. Easy enough; how do I use the output of the drop down to autofill in other data on my sheet?  Example : Drop Down Selection is Fighter . Field to auto fill is  Attack Bonus , where each class has a different Bonus Value. There's actually much more data than this. I'm just simplifying my needs here. If this was excel, I'd just do a HLookup and cross reference the intersection of table data. Is that how you do it with HTML? If so, what should I be Google searching to find tutorials on it? Of not, what direction should I be going? From what I have seen in the character sheets this should be possible. I don't mind self educating, I'm just not sure what I need to look up. All the examples I can find online use java.  Thanks in advance.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
The short answer is sheet workers. Unfortunately, I'm just learning those myself, so won't be much help at the moment.