Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Disappearing Repeating Fields

I've read through some of the other topics on this issue, but I just tried making a brand new character and this is still happening to me (click for animated gif): Any ideas?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Nosaj, Try choosing something in a row before adding a new row.  See if that helps.
Thanks, that seems to help a bit, but is there any way to avoid that from happening at all? For example, clicking to add a few rows and entering or choosing items later?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I believe that is the nature of repeating items.  They really don't exist until you enter something in them...  Cheers
Well, good to know. Appreciate the help!
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi, Nosaj. As Vince said those repeating sections appear in your browser but they don't actually exist in the back end until any property of the repeating section is set. So, what's happening is you're making a bunch of blank repeating sections, then updating one, which causes the blank placeholders to disappear because they don't actually exist yet as far as the server is concerned. If you fill them out one at a time as you make them you won't have this issue. Also, no repeating sections with filled in data will vanish like you're seeing there, only completely blank ones.