Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Wikipedia Contribution access?

Hey everyone, I'm not sure how to go about uploading image files on our roll20 wiki. Little help? Thanks Julix
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Image uploading has been restricted on the wiki, because some people were treating it as an image hosting service. If you want to get image upload permission, send an email to <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> to ask about it. If you just want to upload a handful of images, you could send a message to someone in the&nbsp; contributors group to ask for assistance.
Brian said: Image uploading has been restricted on the wiki, because some people were treating it as an image hosting service. That explains a lot... I searched through images already on the wiki (for the hell of it) and found many pictures that didn't seem likely to actually be in use in any good way on here, so I was all the more annoyed that stuff like that can be on here, while I couldn't figure out how to set up image support for the macro examples to show what the output looks like. I wouldn't need upload permission if there was a way to use externally hosted images. I'm assuming it's either copyright or security that is at risk here?
Hi&nbsp; Julix - as Brian mentioned,&nbsp;uploading has been restricted on the wiki and your assumptions are correct, it is a security issue. If you are looking to improve a wiki just shoot us an email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> and we will be happy to give you permission. Since this resolves your original question, I will close this thread. Thanks!