Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Seeking player for 2nd ed DnD in a World of Warcraft setting. Tactical mind a plus.

Edited 1457034951
Greetings fellow gamers, Our long standing campaign is interested in recruiting one more player. We are not just taking anyone though, We're looking for the right person. We'd also like a long standing commitment. * About the game system : Fully functioning aggregate game. Estimating: (~75%) 2nd edition, (~20%) homebrew house rules, (~5%) special adaptations from other systems. Don't worry, this is easy to learn. Most of all, 110% fun. * About the setting : World of Warcraft.  Custom continent added. Current age is in between Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne. * Things we use : (1) Skype: For live file sharing, text communication, and text RP in between games. Text RP is not required, but its a fun escape and it is creative writing. (2) Box for cloud file sharing. (3) Roll20 for dice rolling, mapping, its other content. (4) Personal website to host house rules and game world information. * About the players : 1 male and 3 female players. We are (mostly)clean, fun, lots of laughs, lots of role playing group. Our focus is character development, and how they interact with the world. All adults, All players are 20s to 40s. Everyone is well adjusted. * About me, the DM : Been playing on and off since high school. Combat veteran, managerial level IT professional specializing in databases. Currently doing a lot of consulting, and tons of contract work. Also working on a PhD. * Most importantly, About you : [ ] Pleasant personality [ ] Eager to play [ ] Dedicated to the craft of bringing characters to life. [ ] Available on Friday's and preferrably on Satursdays as well. Games run from 7:30 EST to around midnight (+). We also do text role playing now and then - via skype while we're at work on our lunch hours. [ ] We prefer a player with experience , and a love for board games .  A semi (or better) tactical mind is a plus. [ ] Most importantly - Our group is open to players of all genders and experience levels.  The most important aspect of you that we're looking for is a desire to play and have a good time. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If interested, post here or send me a message. I will send links, and other game information. We can set up a time to speak on skype, and to introduce you to the crew. Looking forward to hearing from the right player! Until then, may the wind be at your backs, may your bellies stay full, and your hit points remain high!
I'm one of the players in this group and I'm just stopping in to say we're a fun group, very welcoming, and sometimes the DM doesn't even try to kill all of us! The stories don't pull any punches, they can be quite dark at times, but if you don't mind dark, come on in. Khali the tauran may even lick your nose and then you'll have good luck for the next week! Right, DM? Right? My characters need good luck and that seems like a good enough good luck charm to me!
Greetings and Salutations! I'm a player in this group as well. And I have to say, it's like a book that you just can't put down and all you want to do is turn the page and find out the next part of the story. Not only that, but all the players have the ability to add to the story with their own creations. So that's pretty fun. Seriously though. It's an amazing game and story.

Edited 1453904621
I have played most of my time with the pathfinder/3.5 and just started into 5e.  However, I would like to try the 2nd edition, especially if it's pertaining to WoW.  
If you guys dont mind someone new to the system, I would love to join.  You can skype me at xchrisf

Edited 1453925129
Thank you for the response Chris.  I'll reach out to you.  Talking to a few players to see the best fit!
Is this AD&D 2.0? Because if so I would be ecstatic to be involved. How can I join this amazing group? I love paragraph RP when text based. I'm method as much as I can be when getting into a character. I become them. I am dealing with writers block but this will and should help me break that. I still do fairly well. I'm extremely interested if you could please allow me to join. This group sounds great. Thanks friends!
 Thanks for your responses!  At this time, it appears that we have our player, and slots are full.  Good luck!
=(
Hi there, still seeking a player.  One slot to fill.
LFG Saturday afternoons eastern standard time.
Slings & Arrows, I'm still waiting on your response. You sent me a message and haven't responded mate 
Sent you a reply
So, this is intriguing, but, I'll have to admit, it's been  forever since I played 2nd edition and I heavily modified every edition of D&D so they would be playable, finding the core systems of almost every edition ... weak in multiple ways, but, a great framework.   I've run every edition as well and ... you simply will not find a more experienced roleplayer.  I played D&D before it was called that, back in the Chainmail days.   So, your ad neglects quite a few typical and hypercritical points.  Allowed sources, level, class and race restrictions, starting money and equipment, any magic item purchasing and restrictions, etc.  In addition and perhaps ever more oddly, there is not much on the setting and story other than WoW.  I mean if magic is as common as pancakes then maybe ports to all cities are possible.  Is the group Horde, Alliance, or a mix?  A link to a character creation thread would be ... awesome.   Do I need to pull out 2nd edition books to make a character or is there an online character generator you can recommend ... I am so used to simple and easy 4e tools that I am not spoiled.   Also ... wasn't 2nd edition the one with all the kits?   Wow setting ... with no warlocks, shamans, death knights ... and what's an illusionist? 
Thank you for your feedback. :)  what you requested would make the post a bit long, i save that sort of thing for live discussion.