Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] D&D 4e, Long Campaign, Sundays from 3:15pm GMT (approx. 3-4 hours)

Edited 1454044282
I'm looking for up to 3 reliable players to join an existing campaign of 4 current players. Previous knowledge of 4th edition is expected but if you're still relatively new we don't mind helping you out. Prospective players must be able to voice call in skype. Gameplay is heavy roleplay with occasional challenging encounters. The group is light-hearted and friendly. The world is set in the forgotten realms as of the history before 4th edition, everything that has happened since has been homebrewed and a result of player actions. My DM style is made up and sandbox as opposed to running modules. Characters are level 7 (about to be level 8) and this is the 3rd generation of characters in this world. By this I mean this is the 3rd campaign that has taken place in this world with adventurers reaching epic tier before we skip ahead and start again with new characters (the old ones moving on to become npcs). Knowledge of previous generations is unnecessary though it may come up naturally as something for your character to learn about, in fact the players have changed over the years to the point that none of the current ones have been here since the beginning (the newest of which joined at the beginning of this 3rd generation). Character creation is open to all legal material, characters are standard built with the exception of magic items which I custom build and provide. I have a few simple house rules too: Everyone gets the master-at-arms feat for free. This feat also applies to implements. Inherent bonuses are turned on. Item enhancement bonuses stack with inherent bonuses. Backgrounds will only give the following benefit: Become trained in one of its relevant skills. You cannot benefit from feats or items that give a bonus to skills without an in-game justification. Encounter, daily and utility powers gained beyond the first two are merged together (so that you'll only ever have 2 of each). Note: This house rule is still being tested. If you would like a more detailed explanation and/or my reasoning for these house rules you can find it here: <a href="https://aurzel.wordpress.com/2015/12/20/my-house-r" rel="nofollow">https://aurzel.wordpress.com/2015/12/20/my-house-r</a>... You'll also find other blog posts which might enlighten you as to my DM style and a little about the campaign if you're interested but it's certainly not required. The current game is centered around Waterdeep, with most of the group's time being spent there while occasionally leaving to help important people do missions elsewhere. The game started as a 'normal people leading normal lives' style of game but by now the group has had to flee as their lives are in danger. A new power from the city's criminal underworld is seizing control with the help of a previously unknown drug to extend the leader of this group's influence to the point where there are now few people he cannot touch. The group is trying to decide how to fight back and save the city and, more importantly the people they care about in the city, from this upstart who's now taken to calling himself the king of thieves. If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them in this thread, I'll try to check in at least once a day for that. If you're interested in joining the game please send me a PM. You can also PM me if you're unsure about joining and would like to listen in on a game to give you a better idea. I livestream these games on twitch so you must be ok with that (don't worry I get very few viewers I'm still a small streamer). The channel is here (though due to player difficulties there has not been a game these last two weeks): <a href="http://www.twitch.tv/aurzel/profile" rel="nofollow">http://www.twitch.tv/aurzel/profile</a> Anyone who is interested in joining will be required to observe a couple of games to get a feel for the game and allow the players to meet you, during these weeks we can discuss your character concept and backstory. If you have a character that you're happy with after that then we'll be happy to offer you a place in the game on a trial basis to ensure everything goes smoothly before fully accepting you into the group.
I've got two people interested already and this week's game starts in about 6 hours, if anyone else is interested you've still got time to get listen in instead of having to wait for next week.
So after yesterday's game I have one person who wants to join the game on a trial basis. This means there's still room for 2 people if you'd like join in.
I would love to talk about joining.
I am interested.
By all means pm me with some info about yourselves and we'll see.
Sadly I'm getting people that are eager to message me but then don't show up. So I'm still looking for people and please make sure you can show up before applying.
Bumping this up.
I am interested in joining this campaign and have an old character I'd like to recycle since I love to roleplay as her, please message me so we can work something out if you wish to have me join. :)
Then please send me a pm with some information and I'll add you in.