Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFG Vampire (Requiem or Masquerade), UTC -5 (EST), Late Nights

Miranda
Sheet Author
Hi there, Roll20 Forums. I'm an experienced GM/DM/Story Teller/Player looking to join or perhaps run a Vampire Chronicle sometime in the near future. I have been playing Vampire for about 12 years (Masq and Requiem) and have been running that setting/system for around 10. I'd love to play, since I hardly get the opportunity to do so, but I'll run if there is enough interest and no Story-Teller. IF I run, the game will be set in the 90's in Savannah Georgia pre-Gangrel 'exodus'. The game will be heavily directed towards Role-play. We'll decide between systems (I know both of them pretty well, though I'd say I'm more familiar with VTM) and get everything set up from there. I do have a few stipulations when it comes to character creation, but those will be discussed during set up. I may extend the games interaction opportunities with a Forum site I have set up, who knows. Anyway, thanks for taking a look.
I just discovered the WoD system and although I've been looking into Mage mostly, I'd be interested in a Vampire game. I'm familiar with DnD but a complete WoD newb.
I'd be willing for this *albeit a total noob with both systems for the moment*, if you're needing players and willing to help Me get started with it I'll be fine with joining :) (I know alittle of the lore behind masquerade if that helps)
Miranda
Sheet Author
WoD is pretty easy to learn. It differs from the standard d20 system most people are accustomed to by having you roll a bunch of dice (d10s) attempting to get a target number on each on and then tallying the successes as opposed to rolling one die and trying to overcome a target number. FORTUNATELY, with roll20 we don't have to worry about the multitudes of dice scattering about the table. Its not so bad in Vampire, but in Werewolf, I had players rolling around 10 dice on average for attack rolls. ANYWAY, If I end up running, have no fear: I am very good with new players and I am more than willing to assist you guys in getting acclimated to the system and setting. I'd like to reiterate as well, this is going to be a pretty heavy R-O-L-E playing game (as opposed to R-O-L-L playing), so as long as you guys are bringing your dramatic personas to adequate 'life' (or, would it be un-life?), the system will fall into place in the backdrop.
Yeah, that's kinda what excites me about this system. In DnD I'm a powergamer, but this system just screams for amazing roleplay opportunities, so I'm looking forward to stretching my RPG muscles. 
I think I'd prefer VtR over VtM from the little research that I've done.
I'd be interested in playing, I played VTM twice, years ago. Always found it intriguing. Let me know details, and a place I could find the material.
I'd be interested in joining, thought I'm fairly new to rpgs.
Bump
Miranda
Sheet Author
Alright. Give me some time to get some notes worked up and I'll start you off with the info you'll need to create a character. My job has been rather demanding here lately, so bear with me.
I'd be interested in playing.  What time/days are you thinking?  I used to play V:tM years ago, and want to get back into it.  I really want to play a more social character (Toreador or Ventrue), and have a few concepts in mind.
I am completely new to the Vampire games, but am extremely interested to learn to play.  I have done a moderate amount of tabletop gaming in a mix of tabletop board games, Pathfinder and Dungeons and Dragons.  If you or anyone can bring to me a source to learn to play, I wil offer my skype:  xDeathxDroidx
Miranda
Sheet Author
I'm considering something starting pretty late/early, like around midnight-ish EST and running until around 4am or so. Perhaps a bit earlier, but I work a late shift and I am trying to fit it around....like I said, worst case is start at midnight. As far as what day, Tuesdays maybe. Not sure. I want to get a few more notes done up and see how my schedule is going before I commit to anything solid :D Thanks for the interest in this :D
Ah damn I'm on a 9 to 5 schedule. Have fun with your game though.
I'd love to do the New Orleans setting (from the area) since you were saying you were pretty busy and there's a book detailing it and creating a new setting is tough.
id like to play
If you still have room for more players, I'd like to express interest. 
Miranda
Sheet Author
Sorry I've been so lax about replying to this, Work got crazy busy. I'll let you guys know when I'm availible.