Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Roll20 for iPad and Android v1.5.0 Released

We've just pushed out v1.5.0 for both iOS and Android. The primary change in this release is to add support for character sheets that utilize Sheet Workers, including the Pathfinder sheet and the new 5th Edition OGL by Roll20.  It should show up on the Android store in a few hours, we have to wait until Apple approves for iOS, so it may be a few days there. Enjoy!
Existing games using the older Community Contributed character sheet cause the app to hang when you join the game. I don't know about the Shaped character sheet, but I'd bet it does the same thing. The existing games will all require the character sheets to be recreated. They also don't convert properly, requiring players to reenter a lot of data like inventory, weapons attack/damage, race and class abilities, etc.
Scott R. said: Existing games using the older Community Contributed character sheet cause the app to hang when you join the game. I don't know about the Shaped character sheet, but I'd bet it does the same thing. The existing games will all require the character sheets to be recreated. They also don't convert properly, requiring players to reenter a lot of data like inventory, weapons attack/damage, race and class abilities, etc. Hmmm...it shouldn't be hanging just because you are using a non-Sheet Worker sheet. I will take a look.  The re-entering data thing isn't really related to the app itself, it's the same for the desktop version.
I just tested a game with the 5E Sheet (Community Contributed) and it loaded up fine for me...is this a game that was previously working fine for you in the app and just stopped working in the new version? When you say it hangs, can you be more specific -- is it just not getting past the black loading screen, or...? Also if you want to give me a link to the game you are testing I will make a copy of it and see if I can reproduce the behavior.
I figured out the problem. It had to do with the Jukebox. I submitted a new version (1.5.1) which should be available for Android in a few hours and fix the issue.
I'm using the iPad app and in my game I can't see the map my DM made? It works fine when I use my google chrome browser to access it so I think that might be a glitch with your app on the current iOS. I appreciate your attention to the matter. 
How do you clear the 3D dice from the screen after you roll?
Will there be a iphone verson of the Ipad app?  
I wouldn't get mad if you had lower android version support...
Version 1.5.3 has been released which should fix a lingering bug with the screen not loading fully. Josh B said: How do you clear the 3D dice from the screen after you roll? Yeah I noticed this the other day. For some reason it's not responding to touch input to clear the dice. I'll take a look at that here in a sec.
Is there any possibility of adding the ability to choose a target, like maybe from the turn tracker list.  I know htis would not be a complete solution but it seems to me to be a possible solution.

Edited 1458124410
App still does not load game in v 1.5.3. on IPad Air 
Hi guys - I'm having the same issue with my iPad Air 2 - 1.5.3 just hanging on loading screen...
Just to update - I think it's something to do with the character sheets - I created a test game using the newer Pathfinder character sheet and it worked fine - but my current game using the older character sheet just hangs: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1263563" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1263563</a>
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Unless you are using a custom sheet, the community version of the PF sheet updates automatically. &nbsp;So really, there shouldn't be an older vs newer version of the sheet. &nbsp;I tried your link above and only got a black screen. &nbsp; ;-( &nbsp;There may be something up with the campaign itself. &nbsp;Have you tried clearing the chat's cache from the game settings?
Riley D. said: Version 1.5.3 has been released which should fix a lingering bug with the screen not loading fully. Josh B said: How do you clear the 3D dice from the screen after you roll? Yeah I noticed this the other day. For some reason it's not responding to touch input to clear the dice. I'll take a look at that here in a sec. It also throws up an error if you tap to roll damage on a weapon with the 5e sheet. "net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME"
I got i pad air 2 and the app dont work now.. It worked ok week ago and now it stops to logging screen.. Didnt help that i downloaded it again.&nbsp;
I have a proble accessing a game from my IPAD Tablet. The app freezes while loading. Is this a problem of the version of the OS? Is there any parameters that need to be configured in the game?
The Anroid version of the app is outdated on the Google Play store. According to the app details, it works on Android version 4.4 while my phone currently is on Android version 5.1. Could someone address this please? I would really like to have the app, but the system requirements aren't compatible.
Craig K. said: The Anroid version of the app is outdated on the Google Play store. According to the app details, it works on Android version 4.4 while my phone currently is on Android version 5.1. Could someone address this please? I would really like to have the app, but the system requirements aren't compatible. If you're using a phone the issue is likely your device not your OS version. The app will only work with tablets (not phones, even if it's a large phone). I believe it has to be a minimum size of 6".
Paco S. said: I have a proble accessing a game from my IPAD Tablet. The app freezes while loading. Is this a problem of the version of the OS? Is there any parameters that need to be configured in the game? What game is this happening with?
Hello, I am having the same issue as: Jazmyne D. said: I'm using the iPad app and in my game I can't see the map my DM made? It works fine when I use my google chrome browser to access it so I think that might be a glitch with your app on the current iOS. I appreciate your attention to the matter.&nbsp; My Issue is seen on an android device. We have a total of 5 participants, 3 laptop users,&nbsp; one iPad and one android. I can see the items that the DM shares such as&nbsp; letters, and chat messages work too but I can not see the map and tokens the other users can see. Both the DM (laptop user) and I have purchased subscriptions thinking it would allow the map to work but it has not. I have looked for solutions in the help sections, the wiki, and even You tube videos. Please help. It would make a huge difference in user experience if we can all play together across different platforms My device Lenovo TAB 2 A10 android 5.0.1 Roll20 App v1.5.3
I have a user who is claiming he cannot get the app to load at all on his Apple tablet or phone.&nbsp; He is currently running iOS version 9.3.1 and I noticed that the app claims to be compatible with version 6 or later.&nbsp; Would there be a specific reason or know issue with this?
While using the ogl character page I am not able to make damage rolls after rolling for an attack. It gives a null page error and you have to reload.
How do I get video or voice on my tablet???

Edited 1466358561
One of my player gets the IOS app but she can't connect her video/voice ... anyone can help please?
The Gleeful Grognard said: Riley D. said: Version 1.5.3 has been released which should fix a lingering bug with the screen not loading fully. Josh B said: How do you clear the 3D dice from the screen after you roll? Yeah I noticed this the other day. For some reason it's not responding to touch input to clear the dice. I'll take a look at that here in a sec. It also throws up an error if you tap to roll damage on a weapon with the 5e sheet. "net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME" I'm also getting this error. Attack roll works fine. But when I click on the result to roll damage the following error occurs. Using Samsung tab e &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;The webpage at content://net.roll20.playerappandroid/src/~-KHmV-QA46gdK8tjejmh%7Crepeating_attack_-KL9dC8s3UPgxvc0nkry_attack_dmg could not be loaded because: net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
I am considering getting a tablet so I can get on roll20 along with doing other net related things when away from WiFi spots until I can get an internet. Connection at home. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for good tablets that won't cost an arm and a leg?
Unfortunately this app doesn't work on my kindle fire at all. &nbsp;It won't even let me load it.

Edited 1469416275
I'm using it right now on a fire 7 update 5. I played with some family over the weekend and just handed out $30 kindles I bought on prime day with their character sheets on them. It's not on the Amazon store, though. Google "install play store Kindle fire," and follow directions to install the four apks they point you to. I was actually surprised that roll20 let me install it since I've got a nexus 6 (which has more horsepower and is only slightly smaller than my Kindle) that isn't compatible... Some things to note: Not officially supported for Kindle. The resizing is sometimes Jacky when you rotate the screen. This may be due to my cruddy internet or that the fire 7 is not a great tablet, but I feel like the app runs a little laggy...
Is support for this app over? I have not been able to launch this app on my iPad for months now. I launch the app, login, and select my campaign and no matter what campaign I select (I have 6 or so options) it just sits at "Loading...." forever no matter how long I wait.
This is awesome! Thank you!
Fung said: Is support for this app over? I have not been able to launch this app on my iPad for months now. I launch the app, login, and select my campaign and no matter what campaign I select (I have 6 or so options) it just sits at "Loading...." forever no matter how long I wait. I just paid for the Pro version last night specifically so I could use the mobile app. Today I downloaded it and it hangs at loading the campaign. I too would be curious if Roll20 Dev Team is working at addressing this problem. &nbsp;If not, I'd like my money back.
BrucEh said: Fung said: Is support for this app over? I have not been able to launch this app on my iPad for months now. I launch the app, login, and select my campaign and no matter what campaign I select (I have 6 or so options) it just sits at "Loading...." forever no matter how long I wait. I just paid for the Pro version last night specifically so I could use the mobile app. Today I downloaded it and it hangs at loading the campaign. I too would be curious if Roll20 Dev Team is working at addressing this problem. &nbsp;If not, I'd like my money back. I have a similar problem in that it loads the campaign but everything is empty. I can navigate the app but there is no contents in terms of the maps / pages or the tokens on them. It is just a blank, grey screen. The menu to the left is also empty. Is this being addressed, as I really like the program and have just subscribed to the plus account. Ironically, it works fine through the browser on the tablet.
I wasn't aware there was an issue with the app currently. Can you give me a link to the game you are specifically trying to load that it's hanging on and I'll take a look? To be clear, having a Pro or Plus subscription is not needed at all to use the iPad and Android apps, and it doesn't affect it at all. So if you specifically bought a Pro subscription for that feature, email us at <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> and we'd be more than happy to offer you a refund.&nbsp; You do need a Plus or Pro subscription to use the "full table on tablet" feature, which as MagichandsOlly pointed out you access by pulling up the site in the mobile browser on your tablet (e.g. Chrome on iOS or Android), but that is the full Roll20 tabletop, not just the stuff that's in the Roll20 for iPad and Android app.
Okay actually I think I tracked down the issue. I'm pushing v1.7.0 now which should solve the hanging problem. It should be on Android here in a few hours and on iOS in the next few days depending on how long it takes them to approve it. Thanks!
I'm still getting the same issue, and I can confirm I'm on 1.7.0.
Harley P. said: I'm still getting the same issue, and I can confirm I'm on 1.7.0. Hmmm, I don't think that's the same issue, the issue I was fixing was that it would never get past the Loading screen. When you tap on the buttons along the bottom to switch to Chat, Compendium, etc., nothing happens? Likewise when you tap on the menu button in the top-left corner (the one with the 3 bars), nothing happens? What version of Android are you running?
I have the same issue as Riley P. Shouldn't we be seeing the map somewhere in the app? My assumption was as a Plus user that my players could see the map on their tablets or at the least I could have a spare tablet logged into my account in the app to see the map while I was DMing from my laptop.
jesse s. said: I have the same issue as Riley P. Shouldn't we be seeing the map somewhere in the app? My assumption was as a Plus user that my players could see the map on their tablets or at the least I could have a spare tablet logged into my account in the app to see the map while I was DMing from my laptop. Jesse, If you want to use the full tabletop (including the map), you want to use the "Table on Tablet" feature. You can read about that here:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll20_Table_on_Tablet_Sup" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll20_Table_on_Tablet_Sup</a>... But basically, instead of using the "Roll20 for Android" app, just load up Chrome on your tablet, go to <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a>, login, and join the game just like you're on desktop. If you're a Plus user (or your players are Free users but they're joining your game), then it will work and you'll have the full map available to you. So there are two different things. The Roll20 for iPad and Roll20 for Android apps only have the Journal (character sheets, handouts, etc.), Chat, and dice rolling. But they're available to everyone for free for any game. The idea being that you can use the app as a great in-person tool to manage your Character Sheet. The Table on Tablet support is only for Plus and Pro subscribers (and their players), and that's the full Roll20 experience, including the map, but you get to that just via a mobile browser, no app required. Hope that helps clear it up!
Hey I know I'm extremely late Hi names Kyle big god damn fan of this site. ive been using it on my IPhone 6 while on the go to chat with my groups but the website is a bit clunky on safari.&nbsp; Ive been trying to find the app on the Apple Store with no luck. Has it been approved or is it just not available for iPhones?&nbsp;
KyleCubed said: Hey I know I'm extremely late Hi names Kyle big god damn fan of this site. ive been using it on my IPhone 6 while on the go to chat with my groups but the website is a bit clunky on safari.&nbsp; Ive been trying to find the app on the Apple Store with no luck. Has it been approved or is it just not available for iPhones?&nbsp; Kyle -- It's only available for iPad at this time. We've talked about making an iPhone specific app that would just have the text chat feature and some simple dice rolling, but we don't have any specific plans for a release date or anything at this time. Thanks!
Hello I have a HTC desire and I can't download the app could you see why I can't download it
As a feature request... I'm not sure how difficult it would be, but I'd love to be able to use this on my phone. &nbsp;It's just not quite the 6 inches and despite having a resolution of&nbsp;1080x1920, better than my gf's iPad that can run it, I'm outright blocked from installing it. &nbsp;
My games have disappeared from my iPad app. I logged out and back in but no luck. They do show up in a browser though.&nbsp;
Blank page, same problem. No map showing up after load. I love your service but I wish I could use it from my tablet. :D Please fix it. 1.7.0
Seragon i agree with you, they need to remove the tablet only restriction from Google play store. The minor screen shifting the program does on smaller devices is nominal. Just put an advisory on the play store and let me people download as they see fit. This is what i did to get around that play store restriction, as the restriction is specifically to download it and not to run the app file. downloading the APK file onto another device. transfering the apk file from that device to your computer then transfering that file to your smaller device that was blocked from download at the play store. I dont have another device so i used bluestacks to download the file to my computer and transfered it to my phone. Do that and you will have have the tablet app on whatever device you put it on. Eg. I have it on my galaxy note 5 smart phone, and it works perfectly fine with the stylis. enjoy.
I just got the iPad app for my 12inch iPad Pro and it hangs when it tries to load a campaign. &nbsp; Based on comments on the App Store this is not the first time this problem has cropped up.&nbsp;