Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[D&D 5e and 5e OGL] Moving Data

Hello! I have a huge number of monsters and NPCs, many of them custom and not in the SRD, entered into four different D&D campaigns using the original 5e sheet (the one before the shaped sheet). I have a pro membership. Does anyone know if it's possible to move that data to the new OGL sheet, and if so if someone is working on a method? I know I'll probably have to redo attacks on monsters, but it would still be much less work, and then putting in SRD monsters would be a snap. Thanks, Bob
Pretty sure some fields may match the new ogl sheet but I highly doubt it without access to api. If you do have access to it, I suggest you use 5e shaped sheet. Kyrx has a converter happily provided for it which should carry over most data. The compendium is still quite incomplete as well so I wouldn't depend upon it either. To note the incompleteness isn't because of roll20 but the limit of the license.  So if I were you. I would look into the 5e sheet shaped. There are a lot of supporting scripts for that sheet that makes prep time a breeze. Edit: on note of the current roll20 ogl sheet. It is still in a beta stage which may still be subject to drastically changing beyond what you expected. :/ if you need help with scripts I can send you the ones I use.
Robert D. said: Hello! I have a huge number of monsters and NPCs, many of them custom and not in the SRD, entered into four different D&D campaigns using the original 5e sheet (the one before the shaped sheet). I have a pro membership. Does anyone know if it's possible to move that data to the new OGL sheet, and if so if someone is working on a method? I know I'll probably have to redo attacks on monsters, but it would still be much less work, and then putting in SRD monsters would be a snap. Thanks, Bob You can make a Copy of your game and then switch the Character Sheet type of the copy to the new OGL sheet and get an idea of what all is carried over. Some things (like the Base stats) will be, others (like Spell lists) won't.  We are thinking of producing an option on the new OGL sheet that would allow us to carry over more things from the community-contributed 5E sheets, but we don't have anything in terms of timeline on that right now, sorry.
Hi&nbsp; Robert D. - Thanks for your question! If you need any additional questions about your transitional to the new Sheet, head over to this thread:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2893977/5th-edit" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2893977/5th-edit</a>... Our developers are consolidating all of the information there, so it is easier to help. Thanks!&nbsp;