Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

TokenNameNumber script

Query:  It is possible something with the new 5e OGL character sheets break something with Aaron's TokenNameNumber script? Background info:  I updated my primary game today to the 5e OGL sheets.  At the same time I updated all of Aaron's scripts that I use.  Now I cannot copy/paste tokens and have the number in the token name increase.  If I drag/drop from the Journal it works just fine. Any tips?  I rely on copy/paste far too much!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
If you want to PM me a join link, I'll jump in and take a look!
Aaron fixed this issue.  I think I need to send him this shirt:  
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
=D

Edited 1457260069
uhu79
Sheet Author
I had some issues with getting this script to work properly. When changing the name of a token on my tabletop the script sometimes(!) automatically updated it and exchanged %%NUMBERED%% with "1". Not always though. When I then saved such a token then to the character (set default token) and used it later it worked but always started with "2". And it worked ONLY on the page where I first created it. Figured this out now, so when using the script make sure you save the token to the character when the name on the tabletop still says "... %%NUMBERED%%". The behaviour is still that the dropped token won't automatically update from %%NUMBERED%% to a number unless I move it the first time or use copy-paste. I think that's normal, right?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Basically, it's missing the create graphic event for some reason, and doing the modification on the change graphic event.  That's not normal though.  I guess if it keeps happening, PM me an invite and I'll jump in and see what I can figure out.

Edited 1457289736
uhu79
Sheet Author
I see this behaviour only with mooks (i.e. tokens whose bars are unlinked to the character). If I use this with linked character-tokens it works. Works means it updates immediately when dropped to the tabletop.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I just pushed up version 0.5.6 of TokenNameNumber.  See if that resolves the problem for you.
uhu79
Sheet Author
It's 0.5.7. Changed it. Tried it. Works! You are awesome, thx for the nice scripts you do and thx for the quick support! (I also use mark.js and MotD and they are just great!)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Great!  No problem, happy to help however I can!