Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Ping Sensitivity

Gauss
Forum Champion
The Ping function accidentally pings just about any time the left mouse button is held down for any other purpose (such as when grabbing a token). If there is a way to decrease the sensitivity (perhaps by increasing the time required to hold the mouse button) it would be greatly appreciated. - Gauss
I'd actually like to be able to turn it off. It's very laggy and not all that useful as a result. I'm going to use pointer/target tokens that all players can control instead.
Maybe if you had to hold down a key on the keyboard while you where clicking and holding to ping?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Canso: If we were going to need to hold down a key I would instead like to see an option in the map toolbar. Perhaps underneath the measurement tool or art tool have the 'ping tool'. - Gauss
Making Ping a tool would remove a majority of its utility. Having to switch from the Move tool to Ping would put me off from ever using it.
Maybe if you had to hold down a key on the keyboard while you where clicking and holding to ping? I agree. A key shortcut would be the best.
Or maybe just pressing a key will make you ping where the mouse is.
Gauss
Forum Champion
I can see your point Ted. I agree. - Gauss