Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GM looking for 2-3 players, Pathfinder Rise of the Runelords Campaign, Weekly Sunday 12-1 PM US (CST)

Edited 1376977455
Tom
Pro
Hello Roll20 RPGers, looking for MAYBE 1 more to play through this, I have 4 at the moment. Starting with Burnt Offerings, I'm from the US here, so I'm at Central Standard time in Wisconsin. A bit about myself, played and GMed the original D&D and then AD&D back in the day, then went to D&D 3.5 for a while, then took a long break. Got back into it with Pathfinder, mostly GMing Play by post games, but now I want to try my hand in the VTT world. Hoping to get a fairly regualr game going on Sundays 12:06 PM start time, depending, but can change times a bit.  Mondays sometimes for pick up  or if everyone is free and want to get into it again. New to Roll20 but I think I can get the hang of it after a few sesions, so if you might be interested then post up here, my two players are kinda like me, a tad "older" and have played but mostly a while ago and want to get back into it.  Just playing with CHAT for now in the game. Ironhead (playing a half Orc or Half Ogre) and Scorch (playing an Alchemist) so far, I am a fairly easy going GM, but not really into the power gaming and rules lawyers per say........ I like a bit of everything from combat and "the story" so it is not all just about "the combat" or the story, a good mix of everything, but willing to give what most players want if reasonable!! Cheers, well enough ramblin here, for now LOL Beginners more than welcome as well as more experienced vets to. Tom
Sconsin represent.  Sorry though, I have softball sundays during that time.
Got a skype account? I'm interested.
Hey, skorch here.
I'm up for it, on sundays. And i have skype available if that's being used

Edited 1376632294
I'd like to play a Tiefling Magus, if possible :) Or a straight wizard. I haven't decided yet. New player, never played pathfinder or DnD before - only Exalted and Warhammer :D How much points do we have for a build?
I'd like to play, I send you a PM.
COOl, thanks for all the replies, VERY nice to see!! OK, to thin this out a bit plus the PM's   Sorry, no Skype at this time , but maybe in the future once I get this VTT down pat. Waffles  the times can be altered, but need to check on the 2 other players and see what times they could do.  What times can you do for Sundays and perhaps a few mondays? Redtape   Nope, not at this time, but I may in the future, just wanna get used to the basics, ya I know, chat, but its a start!!  :) Scorch   Good to see ya here Ray, thanks for coming on over and posting!! Paul No Skype but your more than welcome Alexander I'd say roll up both then see how the party shakes out then decide, I GMed with a Summoner so for half a year or so, so should'nt be that much of a big deal, remember within reason though :) Taki  Let me check all the Pm's and I'll get back to everyone, including you bud. So no Skype and a time issue for one so far, if you would please post up if still interested OR you will pass on this right now, the first session will start THIS Sunday for sure.  I figure that first couple times might be a bit slow as we get to know everyones play style and me getting used to this VTT and the various Pathfinder stuff I hav;nt had to use in more than a while. The time is still not quite set but I have most of the first part set and ready to go, not quite sure how to even get everyone there at the time, LOL, yes saw the invite but not sure what happens when you do that, you all just pop into the game I think? Again thanks for all the interest and I hope you are all in for a good ride. Tom
>yes saw the invite but not sure what happens when you do that, you all just pop into the game I think? Yep
Unfinished version of my bard, assuming 20 point buy: <a href="http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=634251" rel="nofollow">http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=634251</a>

Edited 1376668410
Tom
Pro
Thanks for the replies and Pm's so quick guys, sounds like chat from most peoples experience is NOT the way to go and perhaps try a Google + hang out, heard of it, but otherwise, no idea what that may offer. Give me a bit of time to research this please. I'd still like to try this with chat, but perhaps not to. &nbsp; Feel free to PM or post here me anyone who is in the know about this stuff, thanks!! And I'll try to look up some old threads in the help section, no idea if there is anything there, hope so!! Tom
Hey guys! Just wanted to stick my head in here and say hello to everyone before the game gets rolling. I look forward to meeting you all and adventuring together.

Edited 1376748385
Tom
Pro
OK, did &nbsp; a bit of searching on the subject, Unless you do the paid deal you can only talk to one person at a time for Skype for the free version....... Heard the old Roll20 system for voice and chat was improved IF you are on Chrome or Firefox, but not much input as of yet from gamers trying it. Google+ seems to work well, BUT it can cut out people you have to invite again and again at times, I do have that, but never used it, LOL So I need to pick up a web cam with a mic at least for any of this, not a prob, any good cheap suggestions and I''ll hit the store tonight!! Almost seems like I need to do test runs to see what works the best, and if so that may push back the game til NEXT Sunday, but for now it is still on for this Sunday. And interest in playing is still up so If there are still that many players I will see who Posted/PMed me first and so on, only way to be fair I think, if no one has any other suggestions that is. Sorry for any holdups gang, but I want to get this right the first time, and have a great game for all. OF NOTE Ray (one of the 2 original players) will not be able to make it this Sunday, family obligations I beleave.&nbsp; Tom
I can fill just about any role needed. I am a pretty well rounded player, with experience in just about any role and I tend to RP each charecter to the T.
Thanks for the post NL, still working on things and players are still deciding if they want to go the route I end up choosing to get the game going, but if there is room, or players don't show up I'll let ya know. &nbsp;So just follow the thread here for updates and we will see what happens. Great having this interest, thanks you!! Tom

Edited 1376685847
You shouldn't need a webcam, depending on your computer setup all you really need is a headset, and you can get those just about anywhere.&nbsp;&nbsp; Also, while Google+ has a habit of dropping people it is a small matter of them rejoining the hangout (It stays in their notifications) and usually the delay is minor at best (Though it will auto mute when you rejoin)&nbsp; Skype is unreliable as party size and game length increases (You can talk to more than one person with the free version, you just can't video call them, which isn't needed)&nbsp; Teamspeak, mumble, and C3 are all free chat software that work very well.&nbsp; (My personal favorite is Mumble, but I don't know much about setting up a channel)

Edited 1376705682
Tom
Pro
Thanks again for all the interest and PM's! So far Original Players *Ironhead, playing a half Ogre Fighter type *Scorch. Playing an Alchemist (but will not be playing this Sunday) From Roll20, per who showed interest first ?1. Waffle, &nbsp;have not heard anything from him besides the first post here ?2. Redtape, &nbsp;Same deal as above. 3. Paul E, Opted out at this time *4. Alexander, &nbsp;is playing, running an Aasima Bard *5. taki, Is playing, running an Elf Ranger *6. protoculture, most likely in, maybe running a Summoner, not familiar with Synthesis race, so looking that up bud :) 7. Lex, &nbsp;Can't play on Sundays, but might join If we play on another day sometimes 8. Carlos, wish I had room for your 3 players but not at this time sorry to say &nbsp; -9. Danial, depending on what happens with those above you might have a spot, Playing a Cleric -10 Noctis, same as Danial, depends on who is playing on the list above Looks like I will end up taking 4 player here so I hope to always have at least 5 people in the party, instead of my orginal 2-3 from here If I missed anyone so far, its been busy since I posted this thread!!! I've asked Ironhead and Taki to help me run a test here (Sunday say 11 AM?) to see how Roll20's system works (and the voice/video and whatnot, then maybe another test at a G+ hangout. &nbsp;IF things go well then the game will be THIS SUNDAY. &nbsp;But perhaps pushed back from 1 to 2 PM CST. IF they don't then I will postpone running this til next Sunday. &nbsp;I want to get this right so that might be the best way here, but we will see. I'll keep everyone here in the loop by post or PM Tom
Next sunday (or this monday) sounds pretty good. I won't be able to participate tomorrow (only tomorrow, not on sundays in general) :(
Do you have any rules or guidelines for character creation? I'm wondering if we need more melee or ranged characters.
We will see what the party shakes out as Sunday so I'd say have a couple of characters within reach Jay, but you have time an extra day, if some of us can make it monday to start/continue. So, the latest update The FINAL players are Original players,&nbsp; Ironhead &nbsp;as a half Ogre fighter type *Scorch, maybe an Alchemist or something else, depending WILL NOT &nbsp;be here this Sunday, but perhaps this monday and the following Sundays *Alexander, &nbsp;may have a different char/Race though we will see :), Will NOT be here for this Sundays game but might make it for a Monday game if we have one, then Sundays after that. Taki, &nbsp;as an Elf Ranger Protoculture, Might still be a Summoner but a different race :) Danial, &nbsp;Playing a Human Cleric The Time &nbsp;will be at 1 PM, Central Standard time This Sunday the 18th for the first session. The Place will be &nbsp;HERE at Roll20, for now. (I'll send out the link shortly) Running a test to see what works with Taki (thanks bud) this morning, but we will see what all works on everyones end whne the game begins, at least there is chat if all else fails!! &nbsp;Until I figure out what to do, what went wrong.... LOL I received a couple more interested in playing notices but after I read them and clicked to the next one, they vanished, so sorry if that was you and I could'nt get back to you!! Cheers, to a good game ahead Tom
Synthesist is not a race but an archetype of summor when he fuses with his eidolon.
LOL He might as well be when he is Fusin' Lex, I use "race" in general for many things, especially when I first read about em today!! :) Tom
If you still have room i would like to play. I could play a human&nbsp;Inquisitor. I have been RP for about 20 years and have been playing pathfinder since it came out. let me know thanks
Thanks for the interest Curtis, right now &nbsp;I have all the players I can handle, LOL, but I'll put you on the list &nbsp;I have, If there are any future openings and you become next on the list I'll let you know. Tom
CHANGE in PLANS I got my test run in (Thank you Taki!!!) here at Roll20, and it did NOT work out, to say the least!! Went over to Google+ hangout and it went just fine, voice and video as needed, and it worked!! So right now I need every player to PM me their Google+ E-mail account address, so I can invite you all over there!! Still a tad fuzzy on the Google+, launch here I beleave first, then head over to that hangout to invite, but I'm sure Taki will show me the way if/when I run into any problems!! :) LOL If this causes any problems or questions let me know please, and I hope to see you all Sunday, 1 PM sharp CST!! Tom
Have you decided what method to use to determine stats? Traits? Drawbacks? Starting Gold? Allowed content/books?
I'll PM you in a bit as I have a few other things to take care of this moment bud. You are still not available for today, right? Tom

Edited 1376836443
Tom
Pro
OK Having some issues here Alexander has dropped out, so I PMed the next on the list Then Danial has a pers problem and can't play today Then I had to redo my maps because of the test yesterday and I can't get em the way they were...... SIGH Hold on players as this game may be pushed back for playing today OR even rescheduled, but I'm trying here!! Tom :(
Do you still have a place for players? If you do, I would like to sign in.
I might have one opening but there is a waiting list, I'll let you know if you can get in Thanks for the interest !! Tom
Well, that was a new experience, actually got it going, with 2 players in the end (Thanks guys for showing me the ropes a bit more), &nbsp;as one of the guys did'nt quite make there, though he visited while we were setting up, . A HUGE THANK YOU!! to Taki for all the help before game, during and after, and Protocuture for understanding this being my fist VTT net game here, nd helping out during the game as well, Tough Summoner on that one hit and damage roll, I gotta say &nbsp; I'm sure Bill had a good reason though. I may still need another player, but for now I want to hear what happened to some of those who were going to be there. Bill when you get the chance, PM me on what happened, could'nt get onto G+ then the hangout? Danial, I need to hear from you soon if you are still playing, have the next guy on the list PMed already, but you were still before him, and I know all about Pers Emergencies coming up, need something by Sunday night please!! I'll update as I get more info on the Players Next game will be Sunday (Aug 25th), looking at a 12:oo start time CST. &nbsp;May run another test with the players who did'nt show, but that will be a closed session so they as well as I can get the feel of it. Cheers Tom
I wish I wasn't running a We Be Goblins game around the same time. I've been wanting to join a Rise of the Runelords AP. Please let me know if there is some other time you will be restarting it (whether on Sundays or not) however I already scheduled running a 2nd We Be Goblins for Sunday the 25th. Oh well, such is my lot in life I suppose? :-) (for what it's worth I had 2 of 4 show up with a 3rd player arriving 2 hours late - so you are not alone!). I've even made a suggestion on the mentor forums to devise some way of 'picking up' a character who signed up and is waiting to play but was not chosen. Hopefully there will be a solution down the road to alleviate this issue that is rather defeating to a GM running a 'public campaign' and certainly doesn't help to cement the bonds to keep GMs wanting to go through all the work of preparing a campaign just to basically see their hard work come to naught?
Uh, huh. People not showing is a bane of roll20, as I can see it. If you going to restart, let me know too, please.
Thanks for the posts guys, it was probably a good thing in the end as I have a LOT more to learn about running the VTT system. &nbsp;But I did get some Live action time, a whole different ballgame that just playing around, watching vids and whatnot. &nbsp;It seems so easy but if a problem pops up &nbsp;(and that exact prob is not listed, be it a newbie GM or the program, or the computer or you clicked an icon, tool bar Ap one to many times..).. &nbsp;And things don't quite work the way you think, well, lets just say you need some understanding players as well. I was just thinking of some kind of thread with a list of players/GM talk shop, players who worked out or did'nt experience, who usually show up, and those who may be 50/50... &nbsp;One for Gm's as well for the Players to look at. fairs fair after all and I'm sure i'd be WAY down the list, LOL The two old pro's here made it, while one of my originals was there before game but the G+ invite never went though kind of thing. Hopefully todays test will be a bit better and us "new guys' (GM and players alike) can get it a bit more, figure G+ out a bit better and then the VTT itself. &nbsp;For m &nbsp;the key here is I'm trying my best and the more I get some time on it I will get it!! &nbsp;(or so I hope) as well as new players :) Cheers, &nbsp;I'll know more tonight for any new players needed or not, but looking like smaller is better as long as they all show up, scrammbling for new players at Game time, not really my thing, yet anyways. Tom &nbsp;
UPDATE I got the two other players into an intro/test game Monday and it went a bit better than Sundays!! So at the moment I am looking for a CLERIC &nbsp;PC, so we will try a group of 5 in the party for this upcoming Sundays game. I crossed off (PMed) the latest would be players on my list, so anyone who replied here, PMed or posted on the campaign specific Rise of the Runelords looking to play thread.... IF a CLERIC &nbsp;is not your style, let me know ASAP, and I can get down to the list of players who will, then go from there. Per who contacted me as my list is made from who made contact first. I'm sure there is a better way, or a quicjk and dirty way to just grab players at the time, but thats just not my way, yet anyways. Hoping to get this done as soon as possblie so I can really concentrate n the upcoming game Sunday and do some char tweeks for the players I have now. Cheers Tom
I think what Tom is looking for, is someone who can heal/support the party, so they don't necessary have to be a cleric.

Edited 1376985026
Tom
Pro
NOTE My Runelord Campaign Player application is listed on PAGE 16 ( In the LOOKING for GROUP Campaign list) ,&nbsp; at the moment. &nbsp;Just found that (finally) a little while ago. Hopefully there will be a better system coming along, as PM's, threads here and Player Aps in another forum is a bit to much and it can take more than a bit of time to try and organize who wanted to play/time they showed interest and all that. :( But I'm working on it!! &nbsp;: ) And next time I will limit it to interest shown on ONE of these&nbsp; ONLY , LOL Tom
Hey Jay I wil rephrase that as a Cleric type, but a straight Cleric is kinda what I am looking for bud, I'll see what happens here. Tom

Edited 1376999933
Ok, I just assumed you wanted a cleric to heal/support the group. An oracle can do just as well, if not better&nbsp; at a specific role, but they are less versatile than a cleric.
Yep, a Cleric is what I think the party needs the most to survive/make this &nbsp;a better party. &nbsp;Thanks for the link as well, still getting used to this stuff, as you can see. Tom
hedge Witch of chirurgeon alchemist can do the job, but i guess you prefer cleric.
If you need a combat healer, alchemist would be the worst choice. Because it is a full round action to feed someone a potion, and extracts are almost the same as potions. Out of combat they would do fine, but it sounds like Tom specifically wants a cleric.
Didn't saw him saying anything about combat healer, and its full round action to feed someone unconscious a potion. Some may consider it as Aid Another, tho this is GM's discretion.
Sure, I'll bite. I've had a Cleric itch for a while now. Shall I just PM you the sheet or should I leave it here? Regards, C
Hi Callum, I'll put you on the list but there are more than a few ahead of you. &nbsp;Thanks for the interest and I'll keep you in the loop after a while if others above you bail on being a Cleric. Cheers Tom

Edited 1377005739
Tom
Pro
Jay C. said: Ok, I just assumed you wanted a cleric to heal/support the group. An oracle can do just as well, if not better&nbsp; at a specific role, but they are less versatile than a cleric. Also, heres a link to the campaign page. That's the wrong link, it needs to be on the "looking for group Rise of the Runelords Campaign subforum" Jay, the one you have is for all the players already in the game my friend, as far as I understand it!! Just noticed it is now NOT on page 16, as it was an hour or so ago........ SIGH Tom
OK, got a lot done late last night and this morning, I beleave the players are in for an interesting "real start", we shall see!! Also players already in the game remember to start your new thread in my campaign details sub Forum so I can take a look at em, and adjust or comment as needed. Thanks Tom

Edited 1377510911
Tom
Pro
UPDATE Back down to 4 players now, one withdrew after he did'nt make this session. An hour or so into it another had some tech issues and lost his net for 8 hours.... very understandable The last 3 stuck with it as I had to delete then re upload all the tokens onto the old map as they could'nt see the ones I placed (slaved over last week) IN game as well, as areas of the map were shown, sort of anyways..... Dang that fog of war!! LOL OVERALL&nbsp; Lower map side of "The Meeting" And the upper side of the map And a few pics above of where we ended up after the end of 4 hours or so to close session 3..... Cheers, thanks again Taki, Jay, Bill and Max for hanging in there, already busy for next weeks "adventure"!! Debating on getting another PC in here, and there are 2 in line from the dreaded list so they would have pref if I do decide to try a 5th PC again. So I'm probably set if I add in the 5th, but I'll update here and on the Looking for Group list for my Campaign as needed. Tom
The more - the merrier, right? I would like to see new faces here.

Edited 1377518558
Tom
Pro
We will see Max, I have the next two players lined up, IF I want to get 5 players in here again, no prob. BUT I am still thinking about it at the moment.... Cheers :) Tom