Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Annoying issue with cards and invisible stuff...

....trying to play a card game in my campaign area, it was working all right at first, though suddenly it wouldn't let one player look at his own cards. I tried later with another player, and now I can't see his cards and he can't see mine....and I tried drawing on all three layers as well as placing tokens and the same problem...he can't see anything I do and I can't see anything he does.
Hi, Luke . &nbsp;I'm going to do a bit of information gathering, if you don't mind. &nbsp;First of all, with the second player, just to clarify, neither of you could see each others drawings even on the token layer, correct? &nbsp;Did you, by any chance, happen to try "pinging" &nbsp;(ie. holding down the mouse button till you see the expanding circle) and did you or he see that? &nbsp;Have you had the chance to test any other campaigns or was this all the same campaign? &nbsp;Also, did you try just one browser or multiple browsers? If you could, would you go to&nbsp; <a href="http://supportdetails.com/" rel="nofollow">http://supportdetails.com/</a> &nbsp;and post the information given there (minus the IP address, of course!). &nbsp;If you could get the players who've had issues to do the same, it might help us start sorting through the issue. &nbsp;Thanks!
Neither of us saw the other pinging either...and it was only with the one campaign.&nbsp; I have not had that issue with the new campaign I recently set up. Will re-post this to the indicated sight and pass it along to the other player who was with me for the glitch.
Luke Green ( <a href="mailto:thrythlind@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">thrythlind@gmail.com</a> ) has sent you information from CSV or a PDF . Operating System Windows Windows 7 Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080 Web Browser Firefox 23.0 Browser Size 1920 x 930 IP Address Color Depth 24 Javascript Enabled Flash Version 11.7.700 Cookies Enabled User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0 Imulus . Learn more about us at imulus.com or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/imulus .
We suspect I changed a setting somewhere by accident, but the change was so quick I can't think of what would have changed
Just to get a really obvious possibility out of the way: Is there any chance you and the player were on two different pages in the campaign? &nbsp;I only ask because I've actually done that a few times and didn't notice that I was on a page that was different from the one with the player ribbon set on it.
Errrrrrrrrg.....looks like that was the case.&nbsp; Hadn't thought of that...barely found the "new page" thing yesterday. Thanks
Hey, I'm always really glad when it's something simple! &nbsp;As I said, I've done it more than a few times myself. :)