Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Bind Player tokens to Players Tab.

I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but something I think would be really nice is to bind player tokens to the player tab. That way all you have to do is move your tab over to the new map and all your player's tokens are there. Now I know the problem would be the player tokens being in different places due to different map sizes. I think if you put them all in the top left corner dragging them where they need to be will be more efficient that copy and pasting! Thank's for reading!
Something else to improve upon this would be to keep those tokens updated at all times with whatever happens to the players. It's main function would be to ensure that HP is always kept track of but I'm sure it could be expanded to other stuff. Like if a token gets deleted between campaigns accidentally or something then it doesn't become an issue where people are trying to figure out how much HP they had or something. Maybe initiative could be another thing to keep track of in that tab as well. That way if you're swapping between pages, you drag the tokens out, open the turn order, add turns and the initiative just pops up by itself based on what their most recent initiative was or something. I don't know how you could trigger Roll20 to know what the initiative of a token/character was but it's something else that could be nice to have.
Link of character sheets to tokens will be of a big help.
Squall Temnov, Character sheets are finally coming to Roll20 (look at the Twitter feed: <a href="http://blog.roll20.net/" rel="nofollow">http://blog.roll20.net/</a>), and if you want to, they will allow linking tokens to them as well.