Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Exception to Dice Roll Result Coloring

Magik
Sheet Author
I found that when you set up a roll to “drop the lowest”, “keep the highest” or “reroll 1’s”, that the roll output still shows the color of those that were effectively discarded from the result of the roll. This leads to confusion for situations like fumbles or critical failures. I believe that this should be changed if it doesn't interfere with any other game mechanics. For example, you roll 2d20kh1, 2d20dl1, or 1d20r1 for an attack. If one of those d20 rolls is a 1 then the output in the chat window will highlight the number red, even though your other d20 roll is not a 1. Everyone will assume that you fumbled and start the process of consulting those charts or whatever game mechanic your GM employs. You have to interrupt them and ask them to mouse-over the result to see that there was no fumble (unless all results were a 1). In my example above, I'm asking Roll20 to roll 2 dice then keep the higher. It can still show the dice in the mouse-over in the chat window, but I don't want the chat window to show a red result when the higher kept roll isn't a 1, unless all rolls are a 1. I'm just looking for some improvements in the color output. No change in the mouse-over is required. Thank you for your consideration, Magik
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .