Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Aaron's Ammo Tracker Notification Question

Currently Aaron's Tracker sends a public message about 'ammo' usage. Is there a way to modify it to send a private message to the player and GM only ?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
This is a very old script, so apologies for the lack of good configuration! If you change line 34 like this: sendMessage = function(message, who) { sendChat('Ammo', '/w gm <div style="padding:1px 3px;border: 1px solid #8B4513;background: #eeffee; color: #8B4513; font-size: 80%;">' +message +'</div>' ); }, it will only whisper to the GM. I'll try to swing around to better configuration for this soon...
Might be an old script but it still works great and we all appreciate it. I will make the change as listed above.. and thanks again.
I also appreciate the script a lot. It gave me a lot of information on how to write my own script.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Wandler said: I also appreciate the script a lot. It gave me a lot of information on how to write my own script. Oh noes!  Look at a newer one, that one is sooo ugly!!!  =D
The Aaron said: This is a very old script, so apologies for the lack of good configuration! If you change line 34 like this: sendMessage = function(message, who) { sendChat('Ammo', '/w gm <div style="padding:1px 3px;border: 1px solid #8B4513;background: #eeffee; color: #8B4513; font-size: 80%;">' +message +'</div>' ); }, it will only whisper to the GM. I'll try to swing around to better configuration for this soon... Any way to add a line to whisper the player as well on this ?  Just had my players test and they like that its not private, but would also like to be notified.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Not as easily.  Let me see what I can do with it tonight.  It really deserves a facelift...
The Aaron said: Not as easily.  Let me see what I can do with it tonight.  It really deserves a facelift... Thank you
Hey Aaron, after you "lift it's face", would you provide a link or something? I'd like to take a look at this script for myself!  Thank you!!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Sure can!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Well, I didn't get as much time tonight as I wanted, but let's see what tomorrow holds...
The Aaron said: Well, I didn't get as much time tonight as I wanted, but let's see what tomorrow holds... Any updates ?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hoping to get back to it tonight after my game...
Just FYI, I'm also interested in an updated ammo script! :)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hopefully I'll have either an update or a replacment this weekend. =D
The Aaron said: Hopefully I'll have either an update or a replacment this weekend. =D Any update?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I got a bit preempted by 1-click, but I still have a daily reminder going off on my phone to keep this in my forethoughts.
The Aaron said: I got a bit preempted by 1-click, but I still have a daily reminder going off on my phone to keep this in my forethoughts. No problem. I also just notice that I have v0.3 from the repository but you talk about v.0.11. Where would I find this newer version ?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The current version is v0.3.2: &nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/Am" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/Am</a>... It's not much different from prior versions and mainly just represents some minor adminstrivia changes.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Part of the confusion is probably that v0.11 was really v0.0.11. &nbsp;I migrated from a 2-part to a 3-part (semver) version number at one point, so older posts are a bit confusing. &nbsp;Just put a 0. on the front of any #.# version to get its relevance to current versions.
The Aaron said: Part of the confusion is probably that v0.11 was really v0.0.11. &nbsp;I migrated from a 2-part to a 3-part (semver) version number at one point, so older posts are a bit confusing. &nbsp;Just put a 0. on the front of any #.# version to get its relevance to current versions. Makes sense now.. So I have v.0.3 which is fairly new ... got it. Now just need to sit back and wait for your redo :)&nbsp; Can't wait. Thanks again for all your hard work.
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
Aaron - I have two questions. &nbsp;Is there anyway to put in a query for how much ammo is used? (new version) And - Is this the API that is being used on character sheets now (5e Shaped sheets)?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It just stores in the attribute, so if you're using an attribute named arrows: !ammo @{character_id} arrows -1 You could just query it directly: /em has @{arrows} left. Re: Shaped, you can certainly use this with it. &nbsp;I think it might end up having it's own ammo tracking eventually, if it doesn't already.