Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't read a private message

SystemStackError: stack level too deep It always gives me the above error message when I try to read a specific private message. I haven't had this problem before. I'm using Win7 64 bit, Firefox 23 and my cookies and javascript are enabled.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Have your tried a different browser like chrome? Not saying it would correct it but if it works for you in chrome but not firefox and it worked previously in firefox then it might indicate something corrupted / broke firefox.
No I haven't. I'll give it a day and if it still doesn't work I'll install Chrome to test.
Maetco , if a different browser doesn't work, could you go to&nbsp; <a href="http://supportdetails.com/" rel="nofollow">http://supportdetails.com/</a> &nbsp;and post the information here (minus the IP address). &nbsp;
In the past when we've seen this error in regards to PMs, it's been caused by either a strange name of the person who sent it (something like "." -- without the quotes) or something similarly odd in the message body causing things to loop. &nbsp;Do you know the name of the sender? &nbsp;
I tried Chrome and got the same error message. I know the name of the sender and the name is 5 normal letters. Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080 Web Browser Firefox 23.0 Browser Size 1920 x 986 Color Depth 24 Javascript Yes Flash Version 11.7.700 Cookies Yes User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
Maetco , there could be something odd in the message body that's causing it as well. &nbsp;Is there any chance the person could try resending the message to you?