Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DM LFPG DnD 4.0 (Full Again)

Hey ya'll. So my IRL group kinda bailed on me, and there really isn't much of anyone else here that seems interested so I thought i'd give r20 a chance. So I would like to run a weekly (maybe more) DnD 4.0 game. It would be every Thursday from 4pm (Mountain time) to 8pm as long as my schedule doesn't change. I would like at least 2 people but no more than a maxium of 6 (4 would be perfect). Now I am new to r20, so you would have to bear with me as I learn its ways. But anyways the type of campaign I would want to run would be mid-low fantasy. Or rather Classic fantasy. With the 2 options. Option 1: Two Empires in a large region each with less than a dozen cities. So lots of wilderness and monsters. The campaign story would be based upon the character and there races/classes. But the two empires are generaly friendly. The Western Empire would be made up of Men, Dwarves, and Domestic Orcs, with there lands being attacked by feral orcs, kobolds, demons and other monsters. The Eastern Empire woul dbe make up of Elves, Eldrin, Gnomes, and Halflings. With there lands being attacked by goblins, ferals, gnolls, and others. Option 2: Would be a DnD walking dead theme. Basicly no/very little towns. Only shops would be people you come across, you have to scavage and find some. But at the same time there really isnt a concept of "stealing" except from your party members. The goal would be three fold. 1- Survive each day, 2- Keep moving finding shelter where you can, 3-figure out whats going on, and if you can stop/cure it. Let me know if your Interested and What Option you Prefer. Once I get a majority for which Type I can start working, and building it. Edit: P.S. We would be starting at LvL1 with 100gp, and 1 lvl1 magic item. Most classes and races are allowed but run by me first before you get things going. Zero spot open. P.s. We are going with option 1
I'll ask a buddy of mine who would be ok with either - we've got a pair of Paladins we'd love to play, if the times work out.
Perfect, sounds good. Now one thing i'm going to do, because I want to have a consistent game, is give rewards for each week. I'll Have a 3 strike out for attendance without good cause. If you have any more questions (plz have questions) feel free to ask. Also they way I roll for Stats is 4d6 drop the lowest, re-roll 1's, so you get pretty good stats. If you want I have a Character Building on my computer (i think its up to date, or at least close) and I can input all the info and get your character created and get them posted up.
Most 4e groups I've joined here always turn out to be dungeon hunting with 0 RP, is there going to be enforcement on RP at least? If so, I'd love to join!
There will be story and RP, It seems with my past games i tend to have a bit more of rp than battle, but thats how my last groups wanted it. For example in one of my groups I would do a 3 week cycle system. 1week would be story, 2nd would be some battle some story, and 3rd week would be mostly battle to lvl them up. But it also depends on the type of game you want. If you want to go with option 1, I can definitely gear it towards a story that you (the players) progress and grow. While with option 2, It would gear towards more battles. But still I would add story and progressiveness to the game. Untill the main story flushes out it might be more side stories or player's backgrounds. But as always I center the game around the story. I would have each player have a background that they would create (and I might tweak a little) and the players would have "goals" and with all the players "goals" is where I would center and push the story with. So in a very real sense you (the players) create and develop the story, based upon your characters and how they interact. One other thing I will do is when you gain items, off the bat you don't know if they have magic property's or not. But you have to interact with them to figure out what they do. So for example if you find some "boots" (which are boots of water walking) you will have to walk on water to figure out what they do. Or active them by saying the specific work or phrase. But at the same time you can do certain checks to help you out, and give you hints as to what they do. At the same time if there is anything you guys want to do i'll try and add it into the game. It you want to buy/build a house, i'll do it. If you want to run for mayor, become a duke, start a mining company. I'll do it and make some house rules to make it more interesting (if you want). Anyways that was kinda a big rant, so i'll stop there. Feel free to ask questions.
Why does everybody only seem to play fighting D&D seasons =( On around 1/3 of my seasons as GM there are no fights at all. And on others there are 1 or 2 small fights. Yea, sometimes there are some big bad fights to, but I don't force them to do or don't do things they don't want too. This set aside, I would be glad to play for a change and I think the first option sounds good (Maybe because I didn't really understand the purpose of the second ...).
Ok well anyone that wants to join request to join "DnD 4.0 Thursday 4-8 MST" and then join in and if you catch me on we can create you character So far it seems that I would have maybe 4 people. I'll post who I have in the 1st post.
Will betraying allies and/or going seperate ways for a bit be too complex, or is that allowable?
<a href="http://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/1104/dnd-4-dot-0-thursday-4-8-mst" rel="nofollow">http://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/1104/dnd-4-dot-0-thursday-4-8-mst</a> There's the link for anyone who had trouble finding it (me) :P
Well Trevor P. depends on the campaign type. If its the 1st option, only with good cause can you attack or betray your allies, and their would be consequences. But with zombie land, a lot more of that kind of stuff might be available. And it still would depend on the campaign specifically, if its a good or bad campaign. But of course we don't want to make it unfun for any of our players, so out right killing might be out of the question, while not attacking a monster, or stealing their weapon would be different and of course it would have to fit with your characters personalty. IDK maybe it would make you the villian of the campaign. The party would be fighting to bring you down lol.
I'd be interested in playing, I put in the application on the campaign page, and I'd prefer the first option.
Sweet sounds good Bobby P. I accepted you and you can post here or on the campaign page. Tell me a bit more about how you like to play what you are looking for and what class and race and all that jazz. I'm on now for like another hour if you want to do some character building.
Well, I think I'd like to run a half-elf avenger. And I like to play with a fair amount of RP, and at least an effort for the whole party to cooperate, as in-fighting just seems like it slows everything down to me, and is generally not very fun anyways.
So teamwork and story.
I would love to participate. I'm all for option 2 :)
This sounds pretty cool, I'd like to get in on this. Option 1 perhaps?
DarkTwist and Ranzatsu head over to the campaign page and join in. <a href="http://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/1104/dnd-4-dot-0-thursday-4-8-mst" rel="nofollow">http://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/1104/dnd-4-dot-0-thursday-4-8-mst</a>
As a note if we end up needing more ranged I'd play an elementalist.
Ok so it looks like we have 6 people which would make a full party, now we just need to make character sheets, and figure out what type of game, so far we have 2 people for option one, I'm going to go ahead and start working on some stuff that way. But if we decide we want to go zombies then I can change. I'll be on today from 3-5 (maybe longer) MST only thing I have set in stone is some errands and walking dead with my fiance. But we can use this topic now for some discussion and party creation.
So it looks like we had a dropout so we have 1 spot open, We are starting on Thursday, so if you interested we would have to bust out your character creation tomorrow.
Well it seems like that it allready filled up (hopefully it stays that way)
Might have one more slot open apply and after i accept you join in the roll20 campaign thing, we will discuss what you need to do there.
I'm interested. Should I email you with my details?
Sorry Zack
So It looks like we had another drop out.
And it filled back up.
1st week went good and 6 players showed up, i was hoping for at least 4. But it did go an hour over on time.