Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e community] sheet v1.1 update - Roll options

Edited 1456096867
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Evening all, Thank you to everyone who took the time to contact me over the past several months enquiring about updates to the sheet, offering thanks/feedback/comments on the sheet (and enquiring when there would be updates), and just generally poking me to make sure i wasnt dead or something...which i'm not...i dont think! ;) You should all find an update for the 5e community sheet (nice to see the sheet got a name!) arriving with the next push. You will know it has arrived because the "Sheet version" date at the top of the sheet will have been replaced by a version number (1.1 in this case).  This is so that I can retire the older, poorly performing sections like weapons, inventory and so on where I implemented workarounds for limitations that have since been removed, and migrate your existing data over to new better performing sections without you having to do anything.   Having said all that, this update does NOT implement any of the following features but I do intend to make use of/update them all as soon as time allows ... -  Sheet workers (for performance/versioning/anything else cool I can use em for) Compendium integration (this will incorporate revamps of sections...like weapons for example) edit : and by extension the OGl stuff too Any update to the NPC section (sorry...i know..i hate it too) It does however include the following -  The aforementioned change to a version number to support later migration of data with minimal/no user action (basically free's up options to allow breaking changes to be made and provide an auto update path to fix stuff) Minor bugfixes to add default values for a few fields (mostly crit and critdamage in the weapons section) that would cause macro errors if not populated Use of nested inline rolls across the sheet (except spells because those would be breaking changes and needs data migration) so the tooltips on rolls should now be much more readable But the major addition for this release is a new feature called Roll Options (RO) This has been added to all saving throws, all skills and all weapons It allows each user, on an individual macro basis, to customise the output the macro generates Current RO include things like whether to roll 1 or 2 d20, always roll with (dis)advantage, show the match used on rolls, etc... More RO could be implemented in the future and the system is largely based off the work that allows you to customise your spell output. Access the RO for a particular roll by clicking the gear icon next to the roll button. This brings up a window with the RO's and provides a copy of the specific button so you can try the roll with the new settings you have choosen. Remember that whilst the RO window is open you will not be able to click on other sections of the sheet/UI so be sure to close it once you have setup the roll however you like. All the macros that use RO have been updated and will use a new section of the rolltemplate to form their output. However should you have made any customised macros using the older rolltemplate structure these should continue to work without issue.  The name of the actual macro buttons has not changed either so if you reference those directly (such as by dragging/dropping one on to your macro bar) these will auto update when the new sheet version goes live. The new macros continue to support integration with the class action feature allowing even more customisation for your macro output. As always i'll try my best to keep an eye on this thread (and other channels) for any issues, comments or feedback that might crop up as a result of the update. Thanks Actoba
You are the awesomest!
I look forward to seeing the update! FYI using nested inline rolls baked into the sheet could break the 3D dice. Check out my bug reports  here  and  here . If you can clean up the output without killing the 3D dice great, just letting you know. 
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for the heads up Ed.  I admit I don't really use 3D dice myself but I have seen it cause some minor issues in the past. I tested these new additions with 3D dice turned on and I think for the most part things looked OK.  Please check things over though when the update goes live and let me know if you see issues
Great, you made my day. I have heavily used your sheet . I have to admit speed has been a problem lately, but I think you sheet is currently the most organized and easy to read. A NPC summary page would be great ;)
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
This update should be available now :)
I just tested it out and with finesse selected on an attack using two d20, advantage or disadvantage, the 3-D dice do indeed stop working. Only the second D20 is rolled. The dice seem to work ok as long as finesse is not selected, which is good to know.  I like the roll options over all, the Advantage/Disavantage highlighting looks great.  My only other concern is that this adds a greater number of attributes to the sheet, up to 4 more per skill, save and attack, and that this may add to sheet lag. We will have to see. Thank for you for the update. 
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
This wont help performance...future updates will :)
I really like the new Roll Options. I did have one question though. Is there a master gear somewhere on the sheet that can change all of the skill, save, etc rolls at once? Or do we really have to change them one by one?
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
It's on a roll by roll basis at the moment.  The thinking was that it's basically something you set once based on your personal preference and/or character options so it was likely to be better to allow for the additional flexibility by providing it on a roll by roll basis instead of a global or section by section basis even if that means a slight additional overhead in initial setup. That all being said, adding some controls to allow for bulk setting of things should be possible...but there are other things that need done to improve performance and so on first :)
Any chance of getting a fumble option? We have crits but I know it's possible to have an output for a fumble. I am adding them to my game but I only wanted an output for them when a one is rolled. Currently I have a clikable button that is at the bottom of the attacks, but it would be nice if I could hide it unless it happens.  
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
I'll see what I can do :)

Edited 1456755910
Found a bug/issue... when you open roll options, they get cut off by the sides of the roll20 character sheet container if you've moved it from the center.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks will take a look.  I think I have a good idea why that would happen
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Fix for the positioning issue has been submitted and should go live with the next update cycle.  Sheet version will update to v1.1.1 at the same time

Edited 1456855989
Hey really great work!!!!! Just a couple of ideas we came across:  Would be great to add a tab in the spell book only to filter the known or prepared spells. My class prepare the spells on a daily basis, and sometime it take a while to find which spells are the prepared ones, as we use to write down all the available spells. The NPC page, i have to be honest that i did not know it to much (i mean the attack section), would be nice to add a weapons like section. By example i am a druid, and i use it for wildshape, but im not clear how to use it for the beast attacks. A print or backup option just in case.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
The focus of this update was to add the roll options across the sheet.  I'll be looking at other things as time allows but the priority for the next update is performance (sheet workers, removing old poor performing sections and replacing with newere more performance friendly sections...and of course the work needed to safely migrate existing data as part of that so nothing is lost)
FYI, the charisma save roll is named Charismaa_Save there is an extra 'A' in there
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Oops...thanks will fix
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
I'll be making a quick update available tonight that fixes the type on the charisma save as well as fixing the Show Math roll option output for weapons that currently incorrectly displays the damage bonus in the place where it should show the to hit bonus.  The rolls are unaffected and calculate correctly, this is a display issue with the show math roll option output only.  Thanks to  Whick K for the report on that one!
I scanned the last two pages but didn't see an answer, so forgive me if there is an answer in the earlier posts -- does the Community Contributed sheet support drag & drop from the Compendium, similar to the OGL / Shaped sheet (and if not is it planned)? I tried drag & drop from the Compendium, but didn't seem to work.  Thanks!
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Planned.....yes currently available....no
Thanks!  I appreciate all the work Sheet Authors do for this site!!
Loving the sheet so far, would it be possible to investigate adding a couple of buttons for long and short rest which would automatically reset stuff following the type of rest? Such as setting used spells to 0 on a long rest and resetting class resources ect?  Would be nifty if the cast spell roller upped the appliciable spell slot as well.
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I have a bug report/suggestion for the 3D dice (depending on whether this is intentional or not). It appears the NPC sheet is automatically rolling the dice for critical damage even when the hit isn't critical. The result is that there's always essentially double dice on the screen when I roll for damage using the NPC template. This persists even when I'm rolling for damage from the chat window. If this is intentional, I have to confess it seems more annoying than useful, just cluttering up the screen.
The 3D dice engine will roll all the dice in the roll-template whether they are shown or not, it's not sheet specific. Since the crit damage is inside the template it gets rolled. The only way around this would be to have a separate output template for the damage. The OGL sheet has an option for this but it requires you to click in the chat to get the damage. It's then rolled separately on a new template. I am not sure if the sheet author is looking into this as an option, but this is the place to ask for that option. Reading you post again I think you may be in the wrong place as there is no NPC template for this sheet and thus you must be referring to one of the other sheets either the  OGL sheet which does have and option to roll damage separately or the  Shaped sheet . You can check in those posts for info on them.  Thanks

Edited 1459745855
Kertész
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Bree . said: I really like the new Roll Options. I did have one question though. Is there a master gear somewhere on the sheet that can change all of the skill, save, etc rolls at once? Or do we really have to change them one by one? Hi @actoba, I love the update. I just submitted a small PR to the sheet which adds default roll options ( <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/1558" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/1558</a> ) I added a gear to the top-right of the header which reveals a Default Roll Options panel. &nbsp;Then in each individual panel, I added a new option (which is selected by default) to use the roll type selected in the defaults panel. This makes it possible to switch the roll type of all of the rolls on the sheet with 2-3 clicks instead of needing to change 40 individual rolls, while still allowing individual rolls to still be configured to be different from the default.
FYI this change has broken the second rolls for attacks on the sheet. &nbsp;There is a space between 1d20 and the cs for the crit range. Changing the roll type individually from Default to Roll 2d20 fixes the issue but it would need to be done to every attack. &nbsp; See the thread&nbsp; here .&nbsp;
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
I've just added a fix for this and submitted a pull request. Apologies, I didnt have time to actually test the contributed update...only briefly look over it.
Great!