Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question about Campaign Mode

Hi, I still haven't started playing my module (my players are slow to start) but I need to know something : If I want to play in a campaign mode, is it possible to create each module as a "campaign" (according to roll20 terminology) and have PCs tokens and info be transferred to following modules ? If so, how does it work ? I think it is important regarding PC character sheets and especially regarding personalized macros. Thanks.
@Redwind Mapleleaf, At the moment you can duplicate campaigns. According to the devs, Modules will be supported in the future. For copying or duplicating existent campaigns just go to your campaign "Details" and then chose "Copy/Extend Campaign". Then you can modify this copy for turning it into a different campaign while keeping a number of the earlier elements. Another related approach can be to make a "template campaign" for it being copied (with what you consider basic settings, info and game assets), so at least you don't need to repeat the basic prep work with each new Roll20 campaign. I think it is important regarding PC character sheets and especially regarding personalized macros. Thanks. I agree.
OK thanks. I will have to test the functionality but that sounds good?
Another question : if PCs are modified (character sheets) in a campaign, will the modifications be duplicated automatically in other campaigns or will we have to update them manually ? My question is essentially in the case I use a campaign as a place between modules (for example a town used as a base or a start for all my adventures).