Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[3.5E] Whispering Templates

Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
I assume that you can 'whisper' the Template rolls to players as the GM? Note: ((thing being checked)) is just a placeholder for other stuff, I realise I don't want the "((" and "))" in there. /w "[[ @{selected|player_name} ]] makes a ((thing being checked)) of [[ @{selected|((thing being checked))} ]]

Edited 1456321001
Yes, you can whisper whole templates to each other. I have a macro called Whisper-to that is     /w "@{target| Whisper to whom? |character_name}" ***?{"What"|You notice...}*** As a GM it's better to use target, so you don't have to remember to have someone selected first. For the players I have a macro Whisper-GM  that is     /w gm **@{selected|character_name}:** ?{For the DM eyes only| Nevermind.} Those work pretty well in our game The important thing is the quotation marks around the character name, because if there is more than one word in the name it doesn't parse correctly with out the quotation marks.