Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Shadowrun 5E, Tuesdays 6:15 PM GMT

Hello, fellow role-players! I'm currently looking for some players! System: Shadowrun, 5th Edition. Day and time: Tuesdays, 6:15 PM GMT (9:15 pm for me, if anyone is interested). Number of players: 3-5. Requirements: 1) Ability to speak understandable English (duh!). 2) Willingness to be a participant, not a spectator. 3) Willingness to not be a dick. 4) Desire to role-play and not roll-play. 5) A decent microphone and a stable Internet connection. 6) Tolerance for a bit of crass humor.  What you're getting: 1) A GM that has some 10 years of game mastering experience, though somewhat new to Shadowrun (come on, it's a huge game, and I've ran only a couple of campaigns). 2) A non-railroaded experience, where you are in total control of what you and your character want and don't want to do. 3) A world that reacts to your actions. How to apply: Contact me via Skype (my login is: vnergalv), and we will have a chat. I do this only because much too often I had people apply for a game and then turn out to not own a usable headset, or having an accent so thick, I just could not understand them (I consider my English quite good for a second language, but it's still a second language). Plus, we will be using Skype for voice communication, so adding me to your friend list is unavoidable, if you want to play. Posting questions is OK. But I will ignore "want to join" type of messages. If you want to join - add me on Skype. Notes: 1) Shadowrun is a complex, and even complicated game system. You will be required to skim through the rulebook, and to READ the rules specific to your character type (so, if you are a shaman - please read the Magic chapter, because a player asking you first session "So... umm... how do I cast spells, exactly?" is just insulting). This rant does not mean I will not help you. But I will not spoon-feed rules to players. 2) Being versed in the setting is a plus, but not required. Look up a wiki or something. The setting is so huge that I can't say I know it that good. But it's enough to run an enjoyable game. 3) Regarding character sheets - we will figure something out. I know there is Chummer, and I encourage people to use it when you plan your character. But Chummer is far from perfect. It is plagued by mistakes (multiple mistakes and spotty errata in the books does not help) and bugs. I've even heard complaints about character saves being corrupted. So I would prefer you to store your character sheet in another form (maybe we will set up a Google Drive with Excel charsheets). 4) Setting wise, the character are mostly likely to be based in Havana, but the runs will happen all around the Caribbean League and neighboring nations. Feel free to ask any questions in this thread, PM'ing me, or contacting me via Skype.
Got 2 players so far. Looking for at least 1 more. 
I'll join in for fun times