Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Reset option

Roll 20 saves as one works so at anytime if the browser is closed or PC is turned off, everything is as it was when user left. I was thinking the ability to make a specific save instance so to reset campaigns. E.G. Finish working on everything to start a campaign. Make the "hard save". Run through the campaign with players. After it's done and dusted, maybe 2 months later you have a different group of players and you want to run them through that campaign. You can go to the campaign and reset it back to how it was before you ran through it with the first group.
I suppose it shall become available when "modules" shall become available. After all a module is just a saved campaign. It is in the works, I think, but there are no details.
Do all your prep work in one campaign then copy it before you start. Then you should have the original that you can copy again and again as many times as you want to run it.
It would be nice to have saved map states. Especially for modules. For instance, you could have a Day or Night setting for a given enemy fortress, with the lighting set up... all the images are the same so doing another map altogether is something of a pain, but you might not know if the players are going to attack in the day or at night. I would just have a "save state" option somewhere and have a list of named states appear in the options for a given map.
The "Day and Night" thing was another thing I thought about, except I was thinking "Before and After" scenario. Like Have the campaign map of players trying to stop an evil from awakening, where the point is to stop it. Another campaign using the same map of what happened if it had awakened and how the same area is slightly different with new stuff and NPCs.
I think this would appeal primarily to module producers, who may want to provide prep for many different possible scenarios with the same resources.
Indeed, there are a lot of alternatives, like Mordant the Mage described, but the issue is the map is already drawn in roll20, and thus a form of export package which would save all the tokens and images would save a clump of drawn lines and where they go, and one would have to reassemble the map (even when grouped). Unless there was a way to save all map layer components as a single gif or png which could then be reloaded.
the map is already drawn in roll20, and thus a form of export package which would save all the tokens and images would save a clump of drawn lines and where they go, and one would have to reassemble the map I don't really understand why you would have to reassemble the map. It just depends at which stage you duplicate it. The duplicate shall be as pristine as your original map. I don't see what would be changed by exporting a "flattened" version of the map without the layers and the added objects?